More USB problems

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by kblume, Jun 29, 2007.

1. kblume

kblume Junior Member

Hi,

My Keyspan USA-19HS serial adapter used to work just fine with Parallels Desktop 2.x, but with version 3.0 it won’t. When I use it to download files to my ham radio, it transmits and almost finishes it; then the ‘Windows Blue Screen of Doom’ pops up telling me to disable caching and shadowing in the BIOS. After restart, Windows XP says that it recovered from a fatal error and wants to report it to Microsoft. I think I report it to Parallels Desktop instead...

Cheers,

Klaus

2. Ankou

Ankou Guest

Hello Klaus
    Thank you for report. We need more information about your system.
    What build of Parallels are you using?

3. kblume

kblume Junior Member

Hi,

Thanks for responding. I am using Parallels Desktop 3.0, build 4128,

MacOS 10.4.10

Thanks,

Klaus

4. orionmorgan

orionmorgan Bit poster

is there any fix for this problem every threwd i have used does not work and i am getting very frushtrated with mac apple why do you not have a help line all you have is thia little thing on the neet which eveyone keeps posting the same problem but you do not tell us how to fix it pleas i just want to be able to use my usb ports without any probles how can i do this simple question so i want a simple awanser back! :(

5. kblume

kblume Junior Member

KeySpan USA-19HS

It is now Parallels Desktop 3.0 build 5160, and MacOS X 10.4.11

May I get an answer soon?

KeySpan USA-19HS is still not being recognized. How does one tell in Parallels Desktop what com port is open and recognized, and which one is not?

Cheers,

Klaus

6. Archy

Archy Bit poster

Could you try 5580 RC build please.

7. alanpetersen

alanpetersen Junior Member

since upgrading to 5580, my neat receipts scanner has stopped working. Well, actually it works part of the time, and then just quits. prior to the upgrade it worked fine. any ideas on how to fix this?

8. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Alanpetersen, thank you for the information.
    We are aware of the issues with a number of devices not working in 5580 and collecting all the reports.
    Parallels team will try to fix them in the release coming soon.

Best regards,
    Xenos

9. kblume

kblume Junior Member

Thanks Archy...,

However, this release does exactly what all the others have done: ‘Cannot read end of file.’

Regards,

Klaus

10. alanpetersen

Xenos,

Thanks for the reply... I have some temporary workarounds so it's not a huge immediate problem (long term I'd like it to work again, though). Otherwise, I'm a HUGE Parallels fan and am sure I've sold a few copies when I demo things for people.

- alan

11. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Thank you, Alan. We at Parallels appreciate the feedback and activity of our loyal fans :)

Best regards,
    Xenos

12. alanpetersen

I just tried 5582 and the problem persists... the scanner starts to scan the document and then quits half way through.

13. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello all,

Please try the custom build designed to improve support for the USB devices that worked before 5582 but stopped working after the update.

With best wishes for a Happy New Year,
    Xenos

14. alanpetersen

With some limited testing, it appears that this has fixed my scanner issue! Way to go!

15. mikita

mikita Junior Member

Xenos,

I too am having troubles with USB connection when I'm trying to flash an ROM upgrade to my HTC TyTN II (AT&T Tilt) mobile phone. All was well with Parallels 5160 but with build 5582 usb gets "disconnected" somewhere in the middle of uploading the ROM image to phone. My remedy was to shutdown (or reset) the VM, downgrade Parallels to version 5160 and reboot VM. No need to install parallels tools, just rerun the phone update utility and flash went fine. The shutdown windows, reinstall parallels 5582, and start VM again.

Now, I tried with this custom build 5582.5 version and flashing the phone with it works perfectly, just like with version 5160. So I guess this is might be the road to follow...

16. lenoil

lenoil Bit poster

ePadInk crashing IE6 under 5584 (worked in v2.5)

I use an ePadInk electronic signature pad. It worked in Parallels 2.5 on my Mac running 10.4.10. I've upgraded to Leopard 10.5.1 and Parallels 3.0 5584 and now when trying to use the signature pad Internet Explorer gets an error and quits. The same happened in Tiger, but worked when I downgraded back to Parallels 2.5. I'd prefer not to do so again this time. There is some communication with the device; it displays the prompt on its screen that it's told to; but within a few seconds it crashes Explorer. Bidirectional communication with the device works via the ePadInk Windows control panel, so the problem would appear to be ActiveX-related. Again, this worked in Parallels 2.5 and it works on a real Windows PC, so Parallels 3.0 appears to be the culprit. Running Windows XP Professional service pack 2. Help! Should I try the custom 5582.5 build with USB fixes, or were those already incorporated into 5584?

-Robert

17. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Robert,

Please try 5582.5. The build 5584 does not include the fix for the USB devices that stopped working after 5580. This is to be improved in future update. Our apologies.

Best regards,
    Xenos

18. lenoil

lenoil Bit poster

ePadInk now working

That did the trick. Thanks! Will the next public release definitely incorporate the 5582.5 fixes, or should I read the release notes to be sure before next updating?

19. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello Robert,

Glad to know that your ePadInk is working again with Parallels. Thank you for the feedback. The next public release will incorporate the 5582.5 fixes.

Best regards,
    Xenos

20. Michael Myers

Michael Myers Bit poster

Keyspan USA-19HS not working under 5582.5

I had high hopes 5582.5 might work, but it does not, at least for me.

TheUSA-19HS is recognized by XP and by all indications seems to be ready for use. KeySpan provides a Serial Assistant (SA) with which one can examine the status of the device. The SA does show the device as attached to COM3 and the port as Idle. Yet when running an internal loopback self-test with the SA, the test fails with 0 bytes TX data sent.

KeySpan does say that one must un-install the OSX driver because that driver won't release to other OSs. I made sure to do that, but still no joy.

I made sure my XP image is fully updated, but still no joy.

In all cases, XP recognizes the device, as does the KeySpan Serial Assistant, but the self-test fails.

Any help would be much appreciated.

Mike