3.0 License wont work with 5570

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by cmurphy, Dec 4, 2007.

1. cmurphy

cmurphy Bit poster

I upgraded after a LOT of problems with Leopard (as everyone is obviously having). I was finally able to get this version to install, and now it is saying my license is incorrect for this version. Can someone help me solve this hopefully final problem to getting Parallels up?
    -CM

2. cmurphy

cmurphy Bit poster

Is there no fast way to get a new license number or figure out why this wont work? I was TOLD to upgrade to the newest beta to use with Leopard.

3. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

I'm surprised you need a license number with a beta version.

But I'm not starting to use PD v.3 with Leopard until it is in released state since I need to re-think just how much of my HDD to devote to WinXP (was at 30 GB, but now will reduce to 16-20 GB based on my usage with Tiger).

Also, according to this

http://forums.parallels.com/showthread.php?p=90323#post90323

there is now a 5580 beta version.

Phil

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  4. cmurphy

cmurphy Bit poster

thanks Phil, I just saw that download in another post and I am downloading it. I was surprised as well, when it told me my license is invalid for this version. I wish I held off on purchasing PD for now, and went with Fusion.

5. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

I was very please using PD3 with Tiger and expect to be similarly pleased when the Leopard-compatible verison is finally released. Did use Bootcamp for a while, but re-booting is a pain.

But in my transition from Win to OS X -- started two years ago at the age of 69 -- I'm finding less-and-less need for WinXP apps; still, there are some I would like to still use on this MacBook while traveling (I still have a WinXP desktop to host my network and do power processing; it may be replaced by an Intel iMac when it bites the dust -- Vista is *not* in my future!).

Phil

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007