Bluetooth doesn't work

Discussion in 'Linux Virtual Machine' started by Yuriy4, Oct 23, 2021.

Tags:
  1. Yuriy4

Yuriy4 Bit poster

Bluetooth doesn't work on linux guest OS
    The interface is always down

I set the tick in settings: Share bluetooth devices with Linux

hci0: Type: Primary Bus: USB
    BD Address: BC:9A:78:56:34:12 ACL MTU: 4096:1 SCO MTU: 64:1
    DOWN
    RX bytes:2365 acl:0 sco:0 events:85 errors:0
    TX bytes:1475 acl:0 sco:0 commands:85 errors:0

sudo hciconfig hci0 up
    Can't init device hci0: Invalid request code (56)

Host: MacOS Big Sur 11.5.2 20G95
    Guest: Ubuntu 20.04.1 LTS, Linux ubuntu 5.8.0-48-generic

Could you help me?

2. MattS30

MattS30 Bit poster

I am also having this exact problem. Parallels devs/support folks, can we actually expect the onboard bluetooth adapter for macbooks to be shareable with an ubuntu VM? It looks like it SHOULD be sharing but is not usable

3. DomenicoR

DomenicoR Bit poster

I gave it a go, lets's use a paid tool to see how the premium promise will suit my needs as a professional. I installed Parallel on my MacBook, I download and launched a VM with Ubuntu, Went to settings unable the Bluetooth, and boom. It does not work, no peripherical found. It is like it does not exist. I am reading online about it and found this forum and I am seeing how support does not give a toss about the people are supposed to pay their salaries. I am not buying this product.

4. rossS3

rossS3 Bit poster

There can be several reasons why you cannot connect a Bluetooth device to your system such as:

"Unrecognized hardware"

The Dongle or device may not be recognized by the system. This issue usually arises because the drivers for the respective adapter are not installed. Some adapters are also not recognized by Linux. In that case, you should find a compatible adapter.

"The computer does not have a Bluetooth adapter"

Some computers do not come with a Bluetooth adapter. In that case, you can purchase an adapter and use it for Bluetooth.

"Untrusted or blocked connection"

There are some Bluetooth devices that block the connections by default. Or they may require you to change certain settings for connections to be made available. So ensure your system is set to allow conditions. This is a frequent case in Linux. You can check up those settings manually or using the terminal.

Regards,
    Ross Smith