Copy Paste Limit is really dangerous.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by kjunsal, Jul 29, 2022.

1. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

Hi,
    When you copy a long text and paste it, half of it is going away. This is really bothering and dangerous. We are trusting you for virtual machine but copy-paste is not even working properly

2. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

If you want any help, you are probably going to have to be more specific on what you did, what you saw, what didn't work, your environment, etc. I just copied and pasted a 30,000 word/94 page document from the internet and pasted it into Microsoft Word on my Mac, and then I copied and pasted it into Microsoft Word/Windows in a Parallels VM, and they look the same, nothing missing that I can see - certainly not half of it missing. Maybe you have found some test case that can be verified by others.

3. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

ok.. here is a video of the problem:

I just uploaded. Please check it 1-2 hours later because of processing the HD version.

4. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Without any specific explanation I am guessing you are concerned about the blank lines. You pasted it into Notepad, and you have Word Wrap turned off, which means each line scrolls very far to the right. Go to View/Word Wrap and click it to turn Word Wrap on, I think you will find it is all there. I just did this specific example, 50 paragraphs, and it's all there.

5. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

No.. I started to copy from TOP of text with Lorem Ipsum but when I copy and paste.. beginning is lost. Watch again.

6. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

It is all there. Word wrap, believe me.
    Line 2 - Neque poro - you can see that's there in Notepad.
    Line 3 - "There is no one" - you can see that's there.
    Line 4 - Lorem Epsom dolor - you can see that's there.
    Now line 6, "Aliquot", is the next paragraph, see the first image. Everything from Lorem Epsom up to "...Suspendisse potenti." is on line 4 in Notepad. You will see this if you go to Notepad and click View then click Word Wrap, it will all show up.

See my test images below, at the end. If it doesn't look right, paste it into regular Notepad, not Notepad++ as I don't have that. But it's there!

Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 1.11.20 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 1.11.43 PM.png

My text beginning:
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 1.23.24 PM.png

Notepad with Word Wrap off:
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 1.21.20 PM.png

Notepad with word wrap on, it's all there:
    Screen Shot 2022-07-30 at 1.24.33 PM.png

Attached Files:

7. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Also, you never scrolled all the way to the end, to the right, when looking at the text in notepad++. Scroll all the way over and you'll find the whole paragraph is there on one line. It's that way because you have not wrapped words.

8. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

did you watch the 2nd half of the video?
    here let me put exact seconds of a less then a minute video.. god..

I especially record it. There is no problem from mac to windows. Problem is inside Windows, when I select text with mouse and copy then paste, beginning of it is gone!

9. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

I think problem is with mouse integration. somehow, it gets interrupted in the middle of copy paste for some reason.

10. kjunsal

kjunsal Bit poster

Somehow exact seconds doesn't show.. just go to 20nd second