What is the current state of play with Parallels, Leopard and XP?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by drscience, Dec 4, 2007.

1. drscience

drscience Member

Could someone please summarize quickly the current state of play with Parallels under Leopard running a native VM with XP SP2? From what I can gather, the latest beta (5580) sort of works, though it may need a new serial number even in the US (?); what sort of problems am I likely to encounter? I have plenty of disk space, plenty of RAM, and a thoroughly debugged single VM that's worked in all previous versions.

NOTE: No need for the usual beta disclaimers--I've been beta testing for years now, and understand the general risks. I'd just like to know what the risks are in this case.

Thank you in advance.

Last edited: Dec 4, 2007
  2. w7ox

w7ox Hunter

3. drscience

drscience Member

Yes, that's simply the link to the beta download, but doesn't contain information about issues and compatibilities. I was hoping to get some hands-on experience from users.

4. Purplish

Purplish Forum Maven

I am on the current beta and find it to be more stable than the previous betas.

If you want more detail, go to the top level of these forums, then scroll to the bottom of the page. There you will find the Beta forums, and you can hear from people that are still reporting issues.