V19: what the heck happened to the quality?

Discussion in 'Parallels Client for iOS' started by DanielT35, Jul 30, 2022.

1. DanielT35

DanielT35 Bit poster

As of the new v19 from 3 days ago, the software has become useless. It is clearly no longer using the iPhone's native resolution for the session, only its own GUI, and is rescaling and downscaling in a way where pretty much everything is illegible. Even zoomed in fully it's all blurry and soft and no longer pixel perfect, and when you pan the screen lines of pixels flicker and appear/disappear. I've also had severe issues with it refusing to pan across the full width of the desktop in portrait mode.

Here's an example of the quality, with the GUI overlay to show the kind of resolution it SHOULD be using.

Attached Files:

2. RobbieL2

RobbieL2 Bit poster

I thought it was just something I did. Clear on my Mac but when I connect on my iPhone everything is blurry. This is ridiculous!

3. DanielT35

DanielT35 Bit poster

Well, the new v19.0.2 seems to have addressed the low quality issue like the release notes state, however it has not addressed in inability to scroll the entire screen. Right now as soon as I change screen orientation once (which does not adjust resolution or anything) I lose the ability to pan the entire screen. In vertical (portrait) mode I can scroll the full height, but only about half the width of the desktop (typically the left side of the screen). In horizontal (landscape) mode I can scroll the full width, but only about 80% of the height, losing the bottom. Which is super awkward to say the least, and leaves the bottom right of the screen completely inaccessible.