Known Issues and Workarounds for Parallels Desktop with Leopard

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by spectre, Oct 31, 2007.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello CaiusAérobus,

This article will help.

Best regards,
    Xenos

2. CaiusAérobus

CaiusAérobus Bit poster

Thanks Xenos, I have solved this problem.
    Let us go for th next one now: when I want to change the resolution of the VM, which runs a Windows 2000 Professionnal edition, I have 2 possible modes (640x480, the defaut, and 800x600, both in 16 colors mode!), it does not work (if I select 800x600, I finally get the default 640x480 mode). What is surprinsing is that if I go to the configuration settings, no resolution is listed! So I trid to register a 1024x768 resolution, as explained in the guide, but, returning to Windows, I still have the 2 same modes (640x480 and 800x600) and no more possibility to select the second one. So how t proceed? Should I toggle the "enable ActiveX" options in the configuratin tool? What else?

3. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

CaiusAérobus, please install Parallels Tools (Parallels Desktop menu - Actions - Install Parallels Tools).

Best regards,
    Xenos

4. CaiusAérobus

CaiusAérobus Bit poster

Thank a lot Xenos, I did not know these additionnal tools had to be installed. It is perfect now!

5. malcgilbert

malcgilbert Bit poster

Internet Connection

I've got my VM set to network-share, but when I open it [vista], it doesn't register a network. What do i need to do to get it to register a connection?

6. dvdhsu

dvdhsu Bit poster

Parallels crashes whenever I start it

Here are my error logs:

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac OS X version 3.0 Build 4128.0 from 2007-06-09
    Received SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
    Access to fault address: 0x64206f4e
    unknown signal sender: 1
    Parallels Desktop 3.0 for Mac OS X version 3.0 Build 4128.0 from 2007-06-09
    Received SIGSEGV: Segmentation fault
    Access to fault address: 0x64206f4e
    unknown signal sender: 1
    Thanks in advance to anyone who can answer this.

7. spectre

spectre Parallels Team

Leopard-compatible update

Parallels Desktop 3.0 free update (build 5582) has been just recently released, it contains the compatibility fixes for Mac OS Leopard. You can read the details here.
    We are also working on the free update for Parallels Desktop 2.5 with Leopard fixes. Keep an eye on our website and forum announcements for updates.
    This thread is closed.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.