Virtual PC? (need to run IE 6 and IE 7)

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by macandrew, Nov 15, 2007.

1. macandrew

macandrew Bit poster

Thread was moved from "General Discussions > Website and Forum Discussions".
    Stacey M

I'm thinking of installing Virtual PC into my Guest OS (Boot Camp install of Windows XP). Why? I need to test web pages under IE 6 and IE 7, and rather than install a second complete guest OS, I want to follow Microsoft's suggestion of installing the alternate version of IE inside a VPC install.
    Has anyone had experience doing this? Any caveats?

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 3, 2007
  2. Leauki

Leauki Hunter

I don't think there would be any issues with running Virtual PC for Windows in a Boot Camp installation of Windows. But the only advantage this would give you is the ability to run the second Windows as a VM both on native Windows and a VM. That is _IF_ Virtual PC runs within Parallels (if it doesn't insist on using Intel's hypervisor support it should).

However, I'm not seeing the greater point. Installing Windows in Virtual PC is just as annoying as installing it in Parallels. So why bother with a second virtual machine???

3. thoughton

thoughton Junior Member