Compatibility with macOS Ventura beta

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by HolgerF1, Jun 7, 2022.

1. ParallelsU527

ParallelsU527 Bit poster

Hi yes I recently installed Ventura and did not experience any of the previously posted issues, however I am unable to use Coherence view. All Windows windows stay "stuck" behind any open MacOS windows. The only way to access Windows windows is to close all MacOS windows, and then I'm able to access them.
    If I compare two coherence windows' behaviors, what happens is a redraw issue that seems to indicate that this is a video driver issue. I'm posting a video so the issue is more accurately conveyed:

2. HowardC3

HowardC3 Bit poster

I'm using Parallels 17, Ventura Beta 3 (22A5295i). The installation seems okay, but several major functions are not working at all. (1) iCloud login did not work, always resulting in a "Verification Failed" error, even though logging into icloud.com works in Safari. (2) Chrome, as of v.103.0.5060.134, did not work. Every webpage would have a large block of top area appearing empty, so its content was not viewable or clickable. Not sure if the above issues were with Parallels or beta 3. Hope to hear other users' experiences.

3. toonetown

toonetown Member

I have had problems with Parallels 17 running Ventura Beta as a guest, where the virtual machine would hang during install...resetting the VM would get you logged in, but it would eventually hang as well.

I switched to using the virtio network driver, and that seems (I think) to resolve it. Either that or changes in beta4 resolved it...I made both changes (stupidly) at the same time (switched to using virtio, and then installed beta4). Just thought I'd post that in case it helps anyone else.

4. HowardC3

HowardC3 Bit poster

I"m reading VirtIO drivers are Windows drivers for Linux. I'm confused as to how it is in the picture? Where are you installing the VirIO drivers?

5. ParallelsU527

ParallelsU527 Bit poster

FWIW I just updated to Ventura version 13.0 Beta (22A5311f), and the coherence window issue persists. I don't know if this is useful additional info, but I also noticed a bug running photoshop 2021 (mac), where the open document will disappear if I click out of the app, leaving just a black photoshop window. Clicking back into photoshop causes the document to reappear.
    I believe this is a further indication that the issue may be related to the video drivers (and of course, in addition to whatever other issues are causing the problems that the other users have experienced).

6. CesareG1

CesareG1 Bit poster

hide windows taskbar to solve the problem

7. ParallelsU527

ParallelsU527 Bit poster

How does hiding the taskbar have anything to do with the issue of the windows not maintaining their order respective to the other open windows.?

8. CesareG1

CesareG1 Bit poster

I don't know, but if you hide the windows taskbar during coherence session, the window order of the VM works right

9. ParallelsU527

ParallelsU527 Bit poster

Well, I must apologize because I tried it and it worked, at least for the first couple clicks. But then the issue reappeared. Interesting that it affected the order if only for a brief moment!
    FWIW, I am now running beta 13 (22A5321d) and Parallels Version 18.0.0 (53049)

10. CesareG1

CesareG1 Bit poster

For me working always, the windows stack order never fails, also after many hours and intensive usage.
    if you are using Windows 11 Insider (22H2 25174.1010) (ARM & Intel) pay attention to a bug on Windows explorer: the left side of the window titlebar is "insensitive" to mouse click, so it seems to be a Parallels problem, but this is a Windows problem!
    Using Parallels 18-53049 and Ventura 22A5321D

11. DirkB5

DirkB5 Bit poster

Ok, here we go... the workaround is working for almost every window in coherence...
    Except Visual Studio 2019 / 2022. All dropdown menus and context menus are not showing up. They are working in full screen though.
    I guess I have to wait just a little bit for an update either Ventura or Parallels...
    Using Parallels 18-53049 and Ventura 22A5321D

12. maser

maser Bit poster

Hello! We just started playing with PD 18 and Ventura beta 5 here. We use Munki to deploy PD with a post-install that run "/usr/local/bin/prlsrvctl install-license <other license info>". Our PD 18 install .pkg is working as expected on Monterey (as did 17, and 16, etc..) with munki. But on Ventura betas, the licensing is not installing until the PD 18 application is run and the end-user puts in their admin credentials (at which point /usr/local/bin/prl* links get installed and we can then successfully rerun a separate licensing .pkg) Do you have any suggestions for installing PD 18 successfully with munki on Ventura b5?

13. maser

maser Bit poster

FWIW -- I opened a ticket on this -- it looks like the "inittool" doesn't seem to work the same on Ventura for managed deployment installs.

14. MEHWISHT1

MEHWISHT1 Bit poster

Thanks for this amazing blog .