Mouse, keyboard, all other peripherals including internet stopped working suddenly

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JimmyS3, Aug 12, 2022.

1. JimmyS3

JimmyS3 Bit poster

Hi all,

I was not 15 minutes ago happily using Win11 on PD18, everything was working perfectly. Had to restart my Mac and after starting PD again, Windows logged in and all seemed well until I realized my mouse (tried trackpad, usb mouse, bluetooth mouse and even a wired one) and keyboard aren't working in the Virtual Machine any more. Then as Steam auto launched it didn't seem to be able to connect to the internet either! But of course I can't check anything as I have absolutely no control in the Virtual Machine.

To avoid unnecessary questions:
    -- 2021 M1 MBP / MacOS 12.5 / Windows 11 / everything up to date
    -- Windows had just updated, but worked fine after initial restart a bit earlier
    -- Parallels had just updated, but worked fine after initial restart a bit earlier
    -- I have tried re-installing Parallels Tools, nothing changes with doing that
    -- I have installed & uninstalled Toolbox and Remote at least three times now as they were new additions for me after the latest Parallels update, never really use either but thought to just install them. Main question is if that could have messed with Win drivers or something similar?
    -- I have tried plugging in keyboards and mice, VM doesn't recognize any, Mac itself is absolutely fine with everything.
    -- I have restarted, suspended and done every and all things short of uninstalling Windows and trying a freshie but really want to avoid that if at all possible as it's got tons of work stuff there and I would lose at least a days worth of time and wages due to this issue which is pretty bad...

Any ideas, help or suggestions? TIA!

2. joka

joka Junior Member

try to revert to PD17. If that helps, the problem is in PD18. I also have a problem with keyboard repeat and had to revert to PD17