Downgrade 18 Trial to 17

Discussion in 'Account and Subscription Management' started by PietroS1, Aug 15, 2022.

1. PietroS1

PietroS1 Bit poster

i have bought a vaid license for Parallels 17 Standard and i used it since today.
    I decided to try P18 but definitely it do not suit to me so i won't upgrade and come back to my lifetime P17. I tried to redownload P17 from sites and immediately after installing it asked to upgrade to 18 with no other option.
    Definitely now i cannot see my license and obviously even inserting the key it's not valid for P18.
    Then? What will happen in 14 days?
    I would like you help me in sorting out this, simple reinstall P17 with my correct and valid license key and get rid off P18.
    Thanks,
    Pietro.

2. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @PietroS1, please use this direct download - link to download the Parallels Desktop for Mac version 17. Thanks.

3. PietroS1

PietroS1 Bit poster

Thank you for the link Nazeem. It seems to be the same i downloaded selecting 17 from download area in my account. Anyway just i little trick for all readers.
    When you install also the .dmg in the link provided suddenly a windows requiring to update to Parallels 18 appaers. it is painful because seems there are no option to install what you just dowloaded. T.b.h. i think that's ok trying to sell the upgrade but fearing the customers is not so good :) Anyway don't be scared and close that windows. It seems it will quit the installation but fortunatelly it won't. Another windows will appear informing you of all the benefit and once again suggesting you to upgrade. But this time there is the option to reamain/install Parallels 17. Just click on and everything works fine. Just remember to re-activate your subscription but the key (in my case) was just inserted so just a click.
    At this point, as seems to be written since the beginning of purchase, starting from 18 we (owners of 17) won't have any further update to the app till we won't upgrade to 18. Anyway this are other story. Following the above notes you'll fix the issue in the topic. Thanks again to Parallels Support.

4. BECHTHOLDF

BECHTHOLDF Bit poster

PietroS1 - Would it be possible to make a step by step film?

5. PietroS1

PietroS1 Bit poster

There is no nedd to make a film for this. Probably or surely i described steps make them seems much more difficult as they are.
    All is simple: close the windows that ask for upgrade to P18 and close even further any request to upgrade confirming "i want to continue use P17" or similar.
    Just it is much more complicate to describe it rather than doing it :)

6. BECHTHOLDF

BECHTHOLDF Bit poster

Unfortunately, after closing the window several times, I didn't get this message „i want to continue use P17" and I was always asked to extend my subscription - I had no choice and delete the app

7. BECHTHOLDF

BECHTHOLDF Bit poster

Especially since the message came - your key license has expired

8. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello @BECHTHOLDF, Kindly check your DM for further assistance. Thanks.