Revit video driver errors on M2 Windows ARM

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by NoahG2, Jul 16, 2022.

1. NoahG2

NoahG2 Bit poster

Hello everyone, recently I set up Parallels on my M1 Mac mini and was overjoyed to find Autodesk Revit 2023 functioned smoothly. As I am in the market for a new laptop, I am again considering Apple as a primary mobile workstation.

Yesterday/today I created a Windows 11 ARM VM on my new M2 Macbook Air and installed Autodesk Revit.
    Three times I have received a video driver error in Revit, detailed by Autodesk here. I have attempted to switch the graphics driver in Windows settings as suggested in the article.

I suspect this is related to some environmental difference with the M2 chip, as I had not experienced this error in weeks of working on an M1 Windows ARM Revit installation.

I realize some hiccups are expected with new architectures. Wondering if and when Parallels will officially support M2.
    I also realize this issue could be unrelated. Please drop some advice if this might be fixable!

Thank you
    Noah

2. GarrettB5

GarrettB5 Junior Member

Hey Noah, I have an M1 Max (Win 11 ARM) and I'm having a lot of problems with Autodesk's 2023 installations across the board. Recap won't install at all, Navis installs but dies as soon as you run it, Revit installs and loads the open screen but never actually gets to the program, and AutoCAD installs and opens but freezes as soon as you try to use it.

Obv Autodesk doesn't support this workflow so I'm trying to find root cause from the other end. Any progress lately?

3. JurajM

JurajM Member

I am just solving the same problem. My MacBook Pro 2019 i9 died, need to replace the board, we will do it, because it is the highest optional configuration and for the price of the repair is still a good feeling, but it is not a solution to the future...

I try home Air with M1, W11 ARM via PD18 works almost fine, but... Revit 2023 I can't start, maybe it works, but I can't get through the Sign-In module login screen with the result "The License Manager is not functioning or...".

I try Revit 2024, it starts without problems... Which is useless for me, because partners require 2023...