Encompass 360

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JeffreyG3, May 2, 2021.

1. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Hi All,
    Has anyone successfully installed Encompass360 on an M1? Want to make sure it works before I upgrade my Mac. Thanks.

2. Bern

Bern Bit poster

Hey brotha,

I'm currently working on installing Encompass and so far unsuccessful. The issue at the moment seems to be the Encompass installer downloaded in the package doesn't help at all with the installation of mandatory apps in order to install the Encompass Client.

I found an article showing how to make this work. If I do this properly and it works, I'm more than happy to share the install package for you to utilize.

Here is the link to the article for your reference.
    https://www.pdq.com/blog/deploying-the-encompass-360-not-so-smartclient/

3. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Hi Bern,

Thank you so much for the reply. I'm eager to hear how it goes for you! Please do share if you get anywhere?

Thanks!

J

4. Hello,
    if you see any critical issues please let us know.

5. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Hi Again,

Was wondering if you had any update on getting this to work?

Thanks!

J.

6. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Hi Bern, I would love to try your install package if you're still willing to share? I tried to install myself and several components failed to install so I'm not able to get there yet. I have two weeks to return the computer so I am really hoping I can figure this out in this timeframe. If you're there, please connect with me? Thanks.

7. BrodyB1

BrodyB1 Bit poster

Any updates on this?
    Has anyone been able to install the full Encompass Client without failing?

8. JeremyJ5

JeremyJ5 Bit poster

I'd love to have a copy of this package as well. I can run encompass, but the spooler has a lot of issues. Also, has anyone had issues with the fonts?

9. DavidB127

DavidB127 Bit poster

No luck for me either- tried installing as Administrator, but it looks like Encompass is not compatible with the latest version of Windows 11 (22H2) that is required on a new Apple-chip Mac... HELP!

10. MichelleP1

MichelleP1 Bit poster

Have any of you gotten the Encompass Installation Manager to complete each install of the all the applications? It has to be in this order:
    1. Microsoft Visual C++ 2015 Redistributable (x86) - Update 3
    2. Adobe Acrobat Reader DC
    3. Amyuni PDF Converter
    4. Encompass Document Converter
    5. Encompass eFolder Printer
    6. SmartClient Core
    7. Encompass SmartClient
    My installation fails/Cancels at Amyuni PDF Converter. What is funny is I have Amyuni PDF Converter on my machine in windows. Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.55.21 PM.png Screen Shot 2022-06-29 at 1.59.33 PM.png

11. DavidB127

DavidB127 Bit poster

I did but it was a while ago and I never quite figured out what I did to get it to work- but rest assured, it can work indeed! Has to be Windows 10, and I think I found a link to the individual components on the Ellie Mae website to get it to work- I think it was a troubleshooting page that had that link on it. Sorry I can't be more helpful but at least I can provide you hope!

12. >>> Message has been deleted by the user <<<

13. RobB15

RobB15 Bit poster

My Parallels app just notified me that Parallels 18 is now out with "more than 200,000 intel-based windows-only apps supported". I own an intel laptop strictly to run Encompass on it since that works flawlessly and just screen share over to my M1 Mac Mini.
    For anyone who's upgraded to Parallels 18, will you let us know if Encompass now works? I'd rather hold off the on $70 upgrade if I don't need it.

14. RobB15

RobB15 Bit poster

Meant to say "intel based mac" since that works flawlessly.

15. RickL7

RickL7 Bit poster

Rob,
    I currently have a user in this same situation.
    I have spent over 4 hours trying to make this work and nothing to date has gotten us to complete the install on her machine.
    She tried to get Parallels to revert back to Windows 10 and was told she can't do that with the M1 chip.

Don't have a clue how to make this work and not much support help out there from what I have seen.
    If I would ever get this working I will gladly come back here and let everyone know how I did so.

16. RobB15

RobB15 Bit poster

The only thing that has and still works is to run parallels on an Intel based Mac. Apple no longer sells these so you have to buy them used. If I ever find a solution I'll be sure to post it here!

17. JeffreyG3

JeffreyG3 Bit poster

Still hopeful someone can find a working solution for this?

18. RobB15

RobB15 Bit poster

I bit the bullet and downloaded Windows 18 today, same Encompass issue as before...the Amyune PDF Converter still does not want to install. Oh well, at least I got 25% for Cyber Monday!

19. ARTINF

ARTINF Bit poster

Anybody find a solution on this yet? i am running Parallels 18 on a new Mac (apple chip).

20. !MATTO!

!MATTO! Bit poster

So ... after a lot of trail and error, I am able to NOT INSTALL the Encompass Document convertor - but, I am able to run ENCOMPASS on my 13" MacBook Pro M2. I am able to upload and download PDF's to the efolder. thing is ... I have no idea how to explain what I did. And, I have an irritating dialog boxes that try to install the document convertor every time I open encompass that I have to stop and let it fail out before encompass will load.