Can't enter coherence after updating to parallels 18.

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by rennyo, Aug 13, 2022.

1. rennyo

rennyo Bit poster

After updating to parallels 18, my windows 11 host failed to switch to coherence mode.

"An error occurred while switching to Coherence. Please try again"

Not sure if this is related to my prior error(also after updating to parallels 18), i added video.metal=0 in the boot order to fix this error.

2. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @rennyo, We are glad that you have resolved the issue. Thank you for sharing your experience in order to resolve the issue. Please reach us back for further assistance. Have a nice day!

3. rennyo

rennyo Bit poster

Hi, the issue is not fixed. The issue that I fixed was the previous issue prior to this issue.

4. Asish

Asish Staff Member

5. AndrewD21

AndrewD21 Bit poster

I am having the same issue and have tried re-installing Parallels Toolbox with no change. Still unable to enter Coherence mode since updating.

6. OlafS11

OlafS11 Bit poster

The Same, aber 12.5.1

7. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello!
    Kindly collect a fresh technical report at the moment of reproduction (click Parallels icon (||) > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in your reply. Please note that the virtual machine must be running when you collect a report.

8. AndrewD21

AndrewD21 Bit poster

Thank You

9. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Thank you for the reply. Kindly perform the steps below:
    1. Right-click Windows menu > select Device Manager
    2. Expand the 'Display Adapters' section, right-click Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM) > press Uninstall device
    3. After uninstalling the Parallels WDDM adapter install Parallels Tools again, and they should complete.

10. AndrewD21

AndrewD21 Bit poster

Issue Persists.

When Parallels tools is re-installed. the "Parallels Display Adapter (WDDM)" is reinstalled within the Windows environment.

I uploaded extra screenshots for steps taken.

I created another Technical Data Export: 405317417

11. AndrewD21

AndrewD21 Bit poster

Screenshots

Attached Files:

12. NikolaiS@Parallels

NikolaiS@Parallels Staff Member

@AndrewD21, thank you!

We're created a ticket to further investigate the situation, and will contact you there shortly.

13. KennethF

KennethF Member

I had the same problem--if I suspended and resumed it would work. But I just reinstalled Parallels Desktop and both problems went away.