Teams video/sharing freeze

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by IanC22, Aug 24, 2022.

1. IanC22

IanC22 Bit poster

Hi,
    Since installing Parallels 18, on my 2021 MBP 16 I'm regularly I'm seeing two issues.
    1) Video freezes regular (fixed by minimising and maximising teams again but really usable when presenting)
    2) Screen share freezes, where I move on in a shared powerpoint presentation the meeting attendees don't see the screen update.

I've tried the following, cleared Teams cache and uninstall/reinstall teams but the issue persists. I've reinstalled Parallel tools as well.

This issue only started on upgrading to Parallels 18. Anybody else experiencing the same issue?

Ian

2. MattM7

MattM7 Bit poster

Hi,
    I'm getting the same problem on my MBP 2020 with Parallels 18 (Version 18.0.0 (53049)), the problem has only started happening since the upgrade to 18. The Teams video constantly freezes which I can fix by resizing the window.

Matt

3. RHS

RHS Hunter

I noticed videos streaming into my Firefox browser stop and stutter. I will try clearing the cache to see if that helps. I doubt it.

4. RoryH

RoryH Bit poster

Seeing the same issue here on my 2021 MBP M1 Max. I was constantly resizing the window during my meeting to get it to keep showing video.

5. RemcoD

RemcoD Bit poster

I experience the same issue. It all worked ok in Parallels 17. In 18 you need to minimize/maximize the teams windows to get it working for 10 sec. Teams is unusable currently.

6. RemcoD

RemcoD Bit poster

As a workaround.....I just found out....that when you use a separate window in Teams for the screen share it doesn't freeze anymore. So you have a separate window for the incoming video calls and the shared screen or presentation.

7. RHS

RHS Hunter

Same thing here. If I make the window 1/2 size it's fine.

8. Nazeemabanu@P

Nazeemabanu@P Moderator

Hello, @RemcoD @RHS We have released the Parallels Desktop version 18.0.1 update, Kindly update and check. Thanks.

9. RHS

RHS Hunter

Greetings. Things seems to be behaving much better. Thank you!

10. SuperSlipperyGoop

SuperSlipperyGoop Bit poster

I'm having the same problem and upgrading from 17.1.4 to 18.0.1, and after reinstalling Parallels Tools, I still have the screen/video freeze problem.

11. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hi everyone,
    The issue has been addressed in Parallels Desktop 18.0.2. Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest build and check if the issue persists.