Switch directly from full screen to coherence, & visa versa. The button is there but disabled.

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by MichaelW29, Nov 18, 2017.

1. MichaelW29

MichaelW29 Bit poster

Currently, if you're in full screen, the 'Enter Coherence' option is greyed out, and vice versa. To make the switch, you have to first exit full screen and then enter coherence (and vice versa). Can we just make this one step?

MatthewR20, PatrickM30 and DenisP8 like this.
  2. Shathish@Parallels

Shathish@Parallels Pro

Hello @MichaelW29 This is how it works. It is not possible to change the step. You have to exit from one Mode in order to switch to another. Thanks, Shathish.

3. MichaelW29

MichaelW29 Bit poster

Shathish, thanks for your quick response. What I assume you mean is that "this is how it works" from a technical perspective, and candidly, that's not a satisfactory answer. From a UX perspective, there's no reason for this to be two steps. As a user, it offers me no value to switch to windowed mode, first. Personally, I only use Parallels Desktop in coherence or full screen, and I never use the windowed mode.

4. BenjaminD4

BenjaminD4 Bit poster

I'd love to see this tweak to Parallels! It's such a pain to have to switch to windowed mode. I pretty much only use Full Screen and Coherence. It would be so nice to just be able to switch between the two without multiple clicks.

5. Excelmate

Excelmate Bit poster

I would like to be able to switch directly from full screen to coherence and visa versa with one click and without wasted time while my machine resizes all the windows to the small smaller window seen when exiting coherence or full screen and then further time wasted while everything resizes to either full screen or coherence. My MBP also regularly freezes while doing this and the spinning wheel is never greeted with joy!

Annoyingly, I usually end up putting my open apps back exactly where they were before the switch so if this could be incorporated too that would be amazing.

Currently 'Enter Full Screen' appears in the view menu when I am in coherence, and visa versa, but they are disabled. The shortcut key is also disabled.

This would be super helpful!

6. Dmitry@Parallels

Dmitry@Parallels Parallels Team

Hi @Excelmate, thank you for the suggestion! Would you please share more details about your use case? I would love to know in what situations you use Coherence and full-screen modes respectively, and in what proportion (e.g. 30% of the time Coherence, 70% full screen). Thank you in advance!