I really like to know the difference between 5160 and 5582 please.

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by Stevamundo, Dec 5, 2007.

1. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I STILL can NOT run any Vista's built-in games while DirectX is enabled. AND I STILL can NOT run WMP11 in Vista PERIOD.

Thank Goodness that I have VMware Fusion 1.1 where all of this stuff JUST WORKS! In fact I already dumped Parallels from my MBP, and I'm seriously considering of doing the same with my desktop. Just be done with your lousy quality and service.

2. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

Steve,

Please uncheck "Enable DirectX Shaders (experimental)" on Video tab in configuration editor! All DirectX support is implemented natively without Wine and turned on without any GUI settings. But this setting disable our DirectX support and use Wine with shaders (which is indeed quit glitchy and experimental).

Please try our DirectX support with experimental shaders off and you will find it much more mature than our competitors.
    As for shaders - we are going to introduce shaders in our native support in next release.

Last edited: Dec 6, 2007
  3. brkirch

brkirch Pro

I think you mean uncheck "Enable DirectX Shaders (experimental)" ;)

That's interesting, I did not know that. Looking at dxdiag while shader support is turned off, it seems that the Parallels video driver now has DirectX support built-in and no DirectX dlls are overridden. Perhaps there should be a mention somewhere that DirectX support with shaders is completely different than DirectX support without shaders, as I originally thought that option just turned off shader support in the Wine dlls.

4. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

OK Andrew, I unchecked the DX with shaders and the WMP11 STILL does NOT work. The Vista's built-in games work but barely.

5. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

Also I don't understand this either. Fusion 1.1 already has DirectX 9 support. Does 5582?

6. Andrew @ Parallels

7. Andrew @ Parallels

There are some known issues with WMP11 - they will be resolved in next minor update.

8. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

I really hope so Andrew.