RC: Can't install Parallels Tools

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac' started by gbaugher, May 18, 2006.

1. gbaugher

gbaugher Junior Member

I uninstalled Beta6 and installed the RC this morning on 15" MacBook Pro. I haven't been able to install the Parallels Tools. I have tried using both the Parallels menu option and using explorer to run the tool installer directly from the cd image and rebooted both the MacBook and my guest XP install many times. I receive the error message below. Any ideas?

An error (-5006 : 0x8000fff) has occured while running the setup.

Please make sure you have finished and previous setup and closed other applications.
    If the error still occurs, please contact your vendor: (www.parallels.com)

2. rprather12

rprather12 Junior Member

I am also having problems in stalling the tools but with different symptoms.

I didn't uninstall beta 6 before installing RC but it seems to be working well. However when I try to install the tools I get the message saying "you can install only if the guest is running, etc." I click OK and nothing happens.

If I check the VM menu it now says "Cancel Parallels Tools Installation"

3. jupiter

jupiter Bit poster

RC tools problem

I also had the same exact problem with RC tools. Then I unstalled it and then the worst happened. ... I could not reboot windows XP and it kept freezing upon start up. I restart and tried to reinstall RC tools and then parallels froze up.. I had to trash my old vm and started a new one with fresh windows install..