Critical graphical error with windows 11

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by AndreP7, Aug 12, 2022.

1. AndreP7

AndreP7 Bit poster

I tried a trial for parallels 17 and it was working fine. When the trial period ended I bought the license for parallels 18 for Mac and installed it. Since then when I am starting windows 11, the activation stops and it says it will suspend windows 11. Then, a technical data report appears saying a critical graphical error with windows 11 occurred.
    What can I do? I really need this working fast.

2. AndreP7

AndreP7 Bit poster

I have macOS Monterey and MacBook Pro with an apple M1 chip. I have also tried installing again parallels and windows 11 without any success.

3. Asish

Asish Staff Member

Hello @AndreP7, Kindly help us with the 9-digit technical report ID of Virtual Machine by referring to this KB article so that we can instigate the issue.

4. SallyL2

SallyL2 Bit poster

Hi - I have the exact same issue. Was it resolved? Thanks

5. MaxV5

MaxV5 Bit poster

Hi there, I am having the exact same issue - once I updated to Paralells 18 I have been unable to open Windows 11. I would love some assistance on this matter as I urgently need to access my Windows through Paralells, thanks.

Attached Files:

6. MuratG1

MuratG1 Bit poster

I have been struggling with the same issue with my existing Windows 11 guest on latest parallels version (18) on macOS Monterey host. I even terminated my guest machine and tried to install new one from scratch. Although I am able to install and start other guest OSs, I cannot install Windows images. The installation falls into "Suspending" state directly after few seconds of the installation start and never resumes successfully and raises above graphics error. If you happen to find a solution that would be great if you share. Thanks.

7. MuratG1

MuratG1 Bit poster

I have downgraded the Parallels to Version 17 as a last resort for my case and fortunately this solved the problem.

MaxV5 likes this.
  8. MaxV5

MaxV5 Bit poster

yes this is exactly what I did, seems like the only solution at the moment as Windows doesnt want to work on paralells 18. Simply delete 18 and re-install paralells 17 from their website, runs as per.

9. AndrejS6

AndrejS6 Bit poster

I have the same issue, still present on Version 18.2.0 (53488) on macbook air with m1 chip. This is really sad and annoying having that I have paid 100$ for a year license, and the software keeps crashing every day. Should I still downgrade to parallels 17 to keep things working?

10. AndrejS6

AndrejS6 Bit poster

I have sent report 420001094

11. hakan1

hakan1 Bit poster

Hi guys, did anyone of u fix it? I got the same issue...

12. AndrejS6

AndrejS6 Bit poster

Hi! I figured out my problem was caused by insufficient amount of ram. When the game consumed too much of it (probably with no free left and swapping being required) I got this situation, probably since parallels uses ram as video memory as well and it is crucial to have it available. When setting larger memory limit in parallels settings, the problem seems to go away.

13. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings,
    Thank you for posting on Parallels Forum.
    @AndrejS6 right.
    For example, if the minimal RAM for the application/game is 8 GB and you allocate to a virtual machine 8 GB of RAM it also allocates video memory. Video memory is separately allocated from the RAM allocated for the virtual machine.
    So, you need to assign at least 10 GB of RAM to the virtual machine for this game.
    Kindly let us know if it helped you.
    If the issue does persist, collect an additional technical report (click Parallels icon || > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in a reply message.
    P.S. Letting you know that if you have Parallels Desktop Standard Edition - there is a limit of 8 GB of RAM to a virtual machine.

14. GokmenG

GokmenG Bit poster

When I click on the section view in SolidWorks, a very simple part becomes suspended.

15. GokmenG

GokmenG Bit poster

I am using windows 11. I increased Processor 10, Memory up to 26GB. There is no problem even with very large assembly files. But when I click on the section view, it becomes suspended.

16. GokmenG

GokmenG Bit poster

Even though I sent a bug report, you did not respond. Please let me know if I need to downgrade.

17. Pramesh Boodadoo

Pramesh Boodadoo Staff Member

Hello,
    Please note, generating a technical report does not automatically open a support case.

For us to further investigate the technical issue, kindly provide us with the following information:
    1. Detailed explanation, with all steps by steps followed, to reproduce the issue.
    2. Reproduce issue and create a video recording of the issue following the article https://kb.parallels.com/en/118652 and upload the recorded file via secured file sharing link (provide us with the link)
    3. Collect a technical report (right-click Parallels icon in Dock > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and provide us with the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Thank you.

18. GokmenG

GokmenG Bit poster

The problem has been resolved in the new version, thank you very much. If there is parallel, no problem.