FTP Clients for Windows 11 ARM: Suggestions?

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MatthiasE5, Sep 28, 2022.

1. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Hello,
    I have had almost no problems with software on Win 11 ARM on M1, but I did have some problems with a type of backup software.
    Since FTP clients tend to integrate into the system etc, I am a bit careful about installing one.
    I would like to know if anybody has been using an FTP Client successfully and with no issues, and which one it was. Please mention if it was the x64 or arm64 version that you have installed, and if some version of .NET was necessary.
    Thank you very much.

Backupground: I have Directory Opus 32bit (x86) installed, and for some reason FTP transfer is extremely slow. Might be 1and1 (yeah....) OR Parallels OR Directory Opus OR the combination. First thing I want to do is try another FTP client.

I was thinking of Filezilla or WINSCP.

Thanks again.

2. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

WinSCP installs, works, and causes no problems (also no problems after reboot).
    However the FTP speed issues remains.
    I will keep you updated once I have found the solution.

3. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

nono! thank you for the comment, but the reason was a setting in Parallels, one needs to set optimization/resource usage to unlimited in vm configuration. see more on that topic in some other thread on here.

4. DanN5

DanN5 Bit poster

I totally understand your frustration.

5. MikeH27

MikeH27 Junior Member