hide menu icons broken in toolbox

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by LucK, Oct 13, 2022.

1. LucK

LucK Bit poster

my technical support ticket is 409471502

Parallels Toolbox 6.0.0 (4536) for Mac (October 11, 2022) broke hide menu icons.
    in Parallels Toolbox 5.5.1 it worked fine.

all icons are gone in
    macOS 13

2. SrђanM

SrђanM Bit poster

I have same problem..after update all icons are in menu (not hidden), and in Preferences i don't have any icon to arrange, and in floating mode it's empty.

upload_2022-10-17_10-22-17.png

upload_2022-10-17_10-23-53.png

macOS Monterey
    Version 12.6

Parallels Toolbox
    Version 6.0.0 (4536)

3. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Thank you for reporting the issue! Would you enable the 'use detailed log messages' under Toolbox Preferences and generate a fresh technical report at the moment of reproduction? The instructions on generating a new report are provided at KB https://kb.parallels.com/124107 . Send me the 9-digit report IDs in your reply, please.

4. SrђanM

SrђanM Bit poster

5. SilvanC

SilvanC Member

@LucK, @SrђanM can you please confirm if you have the system option 'Automatically hide and show the menu bar on desktop' currently enabled?
    And if yes, does turning it off make the Hide Menu Icons tool work correctly?

6. SrђanM

SrђanM Bit poster

Ok, so it works only when "Automatically hide and show the menu bar on desktop" is turned off.
    It works for me, but as soon as i turn that setting on it dissappears again.
    But that was the problem.
    Thanks

7. ChristopherK16

ChristopherK16 Bit poster

The issue still occurs regardless of the option selected.

8. LorenFinkelstein

LorenFinkelstein Member

I upgraded to Ventura last night and I am having a problem with Hide Menu Icons as well. It launches at bootup and hides the icons, but it's own icon is missing as well, so there is no way for me to access the hidden icons. I had to turn off "Open when Mac starts" and reboot to gain access to the hidden menubar icons.

9. PatrickS37

PatrickS37 Bit poster

I have the same problem since upgrading to macOS Ventura.
    More icons are hidden than desired and the icon no longer exists.
    There is no way to get to it except to completely remove the toolbox from the autostart and restart the computer.

10. Michelle Bartolo

Michelle Bartolo Parallels Team

We are working on resolving your issues with our development team @LorenFinkelstein @PatrickS37

@ChristopherK16 could you kindly describe your issue? Is the problem the same as described for LucK and SrђanM? Thank you

11. Richard27

Richard27 Bit poster

Same problem here, after upgrading to OS Ventura, hiding menu icons does not work and corrupts the entire menu bar - some icons which should be visible are not visible at all, no option to show hidden icons, menu bar even flashed with red color in my case (like wrong repaint or something). As PatrickS37 wrote, I had to remove it from the autostart and restart as well.

12. Michael Grote

Michael Grote Bit poster

I have the same problem. Works on both 13" Macs, on the 16" all hidden icons are gone and also the 'hide' icon itself will not show up. Maybe this is related to the 16" models notch?

macOS ventura 13.0
    Parallels 6.0.0

13. Michael Grote

Michael Grote Bit poster

Update: Also no longer works on MacBook 13" M1. At startup, everything is displayed, but if you want to make changes, the computer no longer responds. Only a hard shutdown via the power key helps. Have now removed the crap.

14. Michelle Bartolo

We are sorry you are facing these issues. We have notified our development team and are working hard to fix your issues. We will be releasing an update soon.

15. RudolphR

RudolphR Bit poster

Same problem here, after upgrading to OS Ventura, hiding menu icons does not work and corrupts the entire menu bar - some icons which should be visible are not visible at all, no option to show hidden icons, menu bar even flashed with red color in my case (like wrong repaint or something). As PatrickS37 wrote, I had to remove it from the autostart and restart as well.

16. Liubov Kulakova

Liubov Kulakova Parallels Team

The issues with Hide Menu Icons tool are resolved in Parallels Toolbox v6.0.1, released on the 3rd of November. So please update Parallels Toolbox to the latest version and restart the tool.
    Let us know if you face any other issues with the tool or Parallels Toolbox overall.

Michelle Bartolo likes this.
  17. Daniel60

Daniel60 Bit poster

I also use Ventura and when Hide menu icons is on, I get a message in the middle of the screen saying "Rearranging menu icons". It grays everything out an it bloks all actions. The menu bar turns red.

Attached Files:

18. Michelle Bartolo

Have you updated to the latest version 6.0.1 @Daniel60?
    If yes, do not forget to also relaunch Hide Menu Icons after updating.

Don't hesitate to let us know if you still have issues with the latest update. Thanks

19. Daniel60

Daniel60 Bit poster

Yes, it is updated
    upload_2022-11-16_10-40-55.png