Optimize Full Screen for Games: Allow macOS notifications

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop for Mac Feature Suggestions' started by MatthiasE5, Jul 8, 2022.

1. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

Hello,
    selecting the option "optimize full screen for games" causes mac dock, mac menu, and mac notifications to no be displayed in full screen mode.
    I use this mode all the time for regular work because I want to use Windows in Full Screen and do not want the Mac Dock / Mac Menu to show up as it intereferes with / covers the Windows task bar / menu bars etc.
    However I would appreciate it if Mac OS notifcations still occured. ((as mac os notifaction, not converted windows notifications if that even exists)).
    It would be great if you could implement this, provided it is technically possible.
    Thank you.

2. MatthiasE5

MatthiasE5 Hunter

I came back to say that I really, really need this feature:
    I need to disable MacOS dock because otherwise it will always come up when I use Windows in Full Screen, where I absolutely do not need/want the MacDock.
    At the same time I really need to see certain important MacOS notifications.
    Could you PLEASE implement a sub-option "show MacOS notification in games mode"?

3. K3Z

K3Z Bit poster

I second that. It's productive without macOS menu bar or dock coming up when moving the cursor close to edges in Windows full screen. But missing macOS notifications is sort of counter productive. A more granular control of "Optimize full screen for games" would be really nice. After all, a lot of business users are not using MBP M1/M2 for gaming.