afraid to mess with a working system...

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by ourisman, Dec 7, 2007.

1. ourisman

ourisman Member

I need some encouragement here. I currently have OS 10.4.10 and Parallels Build 5160, and everything works.

I have an install disk for 10.5 (Leopard) and I see that I can now download Build 5582.

But I'm afraid to take the leap. I could end up with a system that no longer works. The downside is that I'll never be able to use Leopard and (what I'm really interested in) the snazzy new Mail templates.

One problem: I have no idea what the build number for my Parallels 3.0 CD-ROM is (why can't you do something real simple like print that information on the disk?) and whether I'll need to use a "DMG" package that I'm sure I don't have.

Is there even a 1% chance that I'll have to spend hours getting my system up and working after (1) installing the new build of Parallels and (2) installing and updating Leopard?

2. Stevamundo

Stevamundo Pro

For now I just use Fusion 1.1.

3. ourisman

ourisman Member

I have good news to report. I took the plunge. The outlined procedure worked, the Leopard upgrade worked, and Parallels is now running perfectly (so far) on 10.5.1.