Weird freezing/interuptions after latest update

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by Ernest1, Nov 16, 2022.

1. Ernest1

Ernest1 Bit poster

Hi,

Was running Windows 11 on Parallels on my Macbook Pro happily for couple of months and everything was fast. I've updated Parallels to latest version (18.1) and also Windows 11 to whatever latest version is available and now I'm getting weird interruptions in Windows every 15-60 seconds which makes working very hard.

I've noticed that disc goes to 100% very often now, but there is nothing in Task Manager on Windows trashing HDD, most processes just shows 0.1Mbps.
    I've assigned 4 CPU's and 16GB of RAM to VM.

Anyone else noticed something similar?

2. Ernest1

Ernest1 Bit poster

Interruptions are definitely caused by disk going to 100%. Every time I start new app etc. it shoots to 100%, everything freezes, once disk goes back to normal all is good again.
    I noticed that during disc going crazy the top process in Task Manager is 'System'. To me looks like Parallels doing something to disc which causes all these interruptions..

3. Ernest1

Ernest1 Bit poster

OK, fixed the issue. Deleted Parallels 18.1, installed 18.03 and my Macbook is super fast again. Don't really know if 18.1 has some serious issues, or just simply deleting and reinstalling fixed it. Don't want to upgrade to 18.1 to find out :)