Toolbox not activated, cannot be activated, crashes when checking activation

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by DanielL46, Nov 28, 2022.

1. DanielL46

DanielL46 Bit poster

Hi, I have an active subscription to Parallels Desktop and Toolbox. I moved to a new Mac (Ventura/M2) and cannot get Toolbox v6.0.1 to work. Parallels Desktop works just fine. On the Toolbox About menu under Licensing Information, it shows that it's not activated. Whenever I click on the Account and License menu option (or try to use any of the tools), it briefly displays "Loading the information about the licenses..." and then crashes.

I just pulled out my old Mac laptop (Monterey/Intel). For a moment I was able to get Toolbox working on the old Mac (using the old version of Toolbox that was installed), but then it updated to the latest version (v6.0.1) and I started experiencing the exact same crashes I get on my new computer. On the old Mac, under the Toolbox About menu Licensing Information section, it does show that the license is active or me through next year, despite the crashes.

So, it seems there may be something the matter with my account that is preventing Toolbox from getting past some sort of activation step (given that I'm experiencing the same problem on two different systems).

I'm unsure if this is relevant, but on the Parallels website I just checked my account subscriptions under All Subscriptions, and I see two Parallels Desktop for Mac subscriptions listed. One shows up as being active through next year. But the other shows up as "Blacklisted" (!!!) Even if this is unrelated to why I cannot get , I'm still curious as to why a blacklisted subscription is listed there.

I would appreciate Parallels looking into this issue, as I would very much like to be able to use Toolbox!

Thank you.

2. Mikhail Ushakov

Mikhail Ushakov Parallels Team

Hello Daniel,
    Please activate your Parallels Toolbox instance with another key registered under your account (which is in Active status): W23A9X-***-***-***-GHM4X8. The key is available in your account: https://my.parallels.com/toolbox/subscriptions?display=Active .
    As for the disabled subscription, it was the key that has been refunded back in 2015. It's still listed under the list of all licenses under your account. If you want to remove it, you can hide it by clicking the respective option at https://my.parallels.com/subscriptions?display=All .

3. DanielL46

DanielL46 Bit poster

But how should I activate Toolbox? If activating it involves clicking on the "Account & License" menu option, then that's a problem because doing so causes Toolbox to crash (after briefly displaying "Loading the information about the licenses...")

Thank you for the clarification on the regarding the disabled subscription.

4. Ram@Parallels

Ram@Parallels Parallels Support

Hi, we created a support ticket regarding this issue, ticket # 3809030 we will reach out to you through email with details, please reply to the same email to proceed further with the investigation. Thanks.

5. ErnstB1

ErnstB1 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem with the Parallels Toolbox on a new M2 Mac with Ventura.
    I used the Migration Assistant to migrate all my date from my Intel based MacBook Pro to the now ARM based MacBook Pro. I'm not able to enter a license key, because the app crashes always before I can supply the license key.
    The migration of the Parallels Desktop was smooth - I was able to transfer my license to the new MacBook.

6. ErnstB1

ErnstB1 Bit poster

After some more trying, I finally got the activation done.
    I started the activation immediately after the boot, the dialogue told me, that the activation server could not be contacted (because WLAN was not started yet). Then I came to a new dialogue, that asked for the license number. I entered it and the activation process could finish with success.
    If I select in the options menu "Account and License", the app crashes, but the applets of the Toolbox run fine. I don't know, how often the license server is contacted to verify the license and if a new verification could again crash the complete Toolbox app.
    It seems, the crash happens, when the license server is contacted to verify the license.

7. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings ErnstB1,
    Thank you for posting on Parallels Forum.
    To proceed with investigation, we've created a ticket #4008486
    Kindly check your inbox of the email address associated with Parallels account - E**********@********.de
    We will be waiting for your reply via email.
    Thank you in advance!