Unable to connect Hard Disk 1.

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by jasss, Nov 25, 2022.

1. jasss

jasss Bit poster

I have my Windows installed using bootcamp - when booting Mac using directly bootcamp partition Widows works just fine.
    Lately I have updated my parallels 17 to the newest version and shortly after that I also updated my Mac with intel to Mac OS Ventura.
    The error "Unable to connect Hard Disk 1" occurred just after system update.
    I already deleted old VM and installed new one as well as Parallels software. I deleted and created again bootcamp partition. I reinstalled MAC OS and configured everything from the very beginning (meanwhile creating new bootcamp AGAIN).
    What shall I do to fix this issue, since parallels support team does not to seem to be interested to solve this.

Of course trying Parallels 18 trial version everything run sooth and fine.
    When I came back to Parallels 17 - same story again.
    I even copied .hdd file and config.psv files from the P18 version.
    If this is their way of convincing me to use their new software that is rather bizarre way of marketing.

And yeah - I already tried their quick solutions: https://kb.parallels.com/116508?fbclid=IwAR0iUwxFzExIo14SJyIrasDOYbOo4Lg1UTrIVzSTOHRq2OOUg-HGcKGvf84 and also https://kb.parallels.com/en/122735 .

I would really appreciate your help.
    Thank you.

Attached Files:

2. MichaelK37

MichaelK37 Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem. I am using Parallels 17 too. Please help! Thanks!

3. MichaelK37

MichaelK37 Bit poster

No solution so far. I guess I'm switching to VMWare.

4. sbaruwa

sbaruwa Bit poster

I have exactly the same problem, has anyone been able to fix this.

5. jasss

jasss Bit poster

Hello,
    I recently contacted Parallels Support and unfortunately there is no solution to this problem at the moment.
    They said they are working on it, but it is not a high priority because there is a new version of parallels desktop.
    They suggested to buy a new version if I want to solve this problem.

Parallels also added information to version 17 that virtualization using bootcamp partitions is not possible in Ventura OS.
    https://kb.parallels.com/128970 - 4th position in the table.
    The bottom line is that the only thing to do is to buy a new version to fix this :)

6. sbaruwa

sbaruwa Bit poster

It's funny how a lot of people will fall victim to this, unknowing to them of the caveat.
    I innocently updated my OS last week and was forced to upgrade my license today after reading your post. I usually delay my OS updates with the hope that other apps would tidy up loose ends and align with the new features and changes in the OS. Parallels need to do better. I upgraded my license to Parallels 18 and it fixed the problem.