Parallels and Mac M1?

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by evina, Jul 24, 2021.

1. evina

evina Bit poster

I am being sent a laptop from my workplace and it's running windows. As I wait for it, I'm using my MacBook Air m1 and my iPad as a second monitor. It's a perfect set-up. Unfortunately, I am only able to do 1/3 of my job right now, as all the software I need for work is on the PC and is not Mac compatible. I thought the solution would be to download parallels and do a transfer. This way, I don't have to purchase an extra monitor, a compatible keyboard, make space for all of it, plug several things into an area that's not very outlet friendly, don't have to worry about all of my passwords I have currently saved in icloud etc etc etc. But I'm starting to read up on it, and it seems maybe this is not going to work with my Mac. Is there truly zero chance of this working? If I ran the program in Rosetta 2 (it sounds like i know what I'm talking about here, but just barely) would that help?

Any advice would be appreciated.

2. evina

evina Bit poster

Issue has been solved.

3. Aman Das

Aman Das Bit poster

In this case , as all the software I need for work is on the android and is not iOS compatible. Overall, Parallels is great as far as a new user goes. You should be aware that it will not allow you to use many apps in full detail, but if your work with parallels, it doesn't require high-end graphics or intense processing then you should have no problems using these programs. Fast processor, large memory and storage capacity and relatively long battery life mean you can do most everyday tasks rapidly without worrying about slowing down!