Mouse pointer doesn't reflect windows status (hand, I-beam, resize)

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by DominicH, Dec 4, 2022.

1. DominicH

DominicH Bit poster

When using Windows 11 on an M1 Mac, I've noticed that the mouse pointer is always the *Mac* mouse pointer, and not the visual cursor as defined by state of windows. E.g. when I hover over text in Word, I don't get the I-Beam cursor, or when trying to resize a window, I don't get the 45def double-headed-arrow.

Is there a setting I've missed with this?
    Using:
    - macOS 13.0.1
    - Windows 11 22621.819 Enterprise
    - Parallels 18.1.0 (53311)

I have reinstalled Parallels Tools inside the VM just now, based on some results from another thread, and I didn't see any change. It feels like I'm missing a setting somewhere?

Yours,
    Dominic

2. RaphaelL3

RaphaelL3 Bit poster

I am having the same problem. When I resize a window I have toe arrows, one follows the size of the windows the other is blocked where I first attached the edge of the window. This also reflects on my CAD program as the arrow is supposed to change when I click some icons but this won't happen unless I refresh the screen with panning or zooming. Screenshot 2023-02-15 alle 11.18.47.png

3. JoopT

JoopT Bit poster

Hi Dominic, I was wondering if you were able to resolve the issue that you experienced with your mouse pointer? I have the same issue and was unable to find a solution.
    Thanks in advance.

4. JoopT

JoopT Bit poster

Solved: apparently a restart of Windows and my Mac fixed the issue.

5. DouglasC12

DouglasC12 Bit poster

Workaround: I also found that a restart of Windows would temporarily fix this -- but that's kind of annoying -- so here's a slightly-less-annoying workaround -- I found that changing: Mouse Pointers -> Pointer Options -> Visibility -- and turning on "Display pointer trails" -- this forces the drag cursors to appear again -- if you change the trail setting to the smallest value (far left on the, 'Short') the trails effect is only barely noticeable.

6. gfody

gfody Bit poster

same problem. enabling pointer trails fixes it but occasionally leaves a rogue pointer around.

7. gfody

gfody Bit poster

after updating to Version 19.2.1 (54832) this has changed
    the I-beam and resize cursors appear now but they're off by about 16 pixels!