macOS 12 Monterey - Create Linked Clone

Discussion in 'macOS Virtual Machine' started by Matein, Sep 19, 2022.

1. Matein

Matein Bit poster

Hi!
    There is a way to create a linked clone for macOS 12 Monterey, Apple M1 chip ?
    When I try to create a linked clone, Parallels give me this error code: PRL_ERR_COMMAND_CANT_BE_EXECUTED_WITH_MACVM.

2. MatteoCorti

MatteoCorti Bit poster

I get the same error sporadically when running Parallels (without trying to create a lined clone). This info maybe can help in the analysis

3. DavidT60

DavidT60 Bit poster

Just got the same error trying to launch a newly created Monterey VM on an M1 Mac Mini.

4. DrewO1

DrewO1 Bit poster

I'm having this issue as well. I've done multiple support calls with Parallels with no success.
    PRL_ERR_COMMAND_CANT_BE_EXECUTED_WITH_MACVM

5. Meuble

Meuble Bit poster

I have the same problem with Ventura :(
    I'm trying to use gitlab-runner with Parallels, i have this logs at the beginning :

Code:
    Preparing the "parallels" executor
    00:12
    Using Parallels 18.3.0 executor...
    Creating new VM...
    ERROR: Preparation failed: calling prlctl: Failed to clone the VM: PRL_ERR_COMMAND_CANT_BE_EXECUTED_WITH_MACVM (image: "test")
    Will be retried in 3s ...
    Creating new VM...
    ERROR: Preparation failed: calling prlctl: Failed to clone the VM: PRL_ERR_COMMAND_CANT_BE_EXECUTED_WITH_MACVM (image: "test")
    Creating new VM...
    ERROR: Job failed (system failure): calling prlctl: Failed to clone the VM: PRL_ERR_COMMAND_CANT_BE_EXECUTED_WITH_MACVM (image: "test")
    Is someone succeed to make it works with gitlab-runner from a Mac M1 ? Or just on mac m1