Parallels Desktop 16 and Windows 10. Windows is extremely slow with 100% processor load

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by MHofmann1965, Sep 21, 2020.

1. Michael Becker

Michael Becker Bit poster

Sorry guys.
    I have to back paddle: Change to 1 CPU does not help - system is still extremely slow, practically unusable.

2. CAIRYL

CAIRYL Bit poster

Same issue for me. Horrible performance on any configuration except 1 CPU and 4G.

This seems to me to be a pretty big "miss" by the Parallels team.

Thanks for posting, Michael. You're my Hero of the Day

3. CAIRYL

CAIRYL Bit poster

I want my money back. Parallels 17 running Windows 10 is a joke. It's completely horrible. SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW SLOW

AshW1 likes this.
  4. MehdiB2

MehdiB2 Bit poster

Hi,
    I had the same problem and the Parallels hypervisor is just so bad with VMs.
    Go To ==> Materials ==> CPU and Memory ==> Click Advanced ==> Change the hypervisor to Apple.
    You should be ok
    Cheers

5. kevcollins

kevcollins Junior Member

Wow, I've been frustrated living with crappy parallels performance for some time. After reading this thread, I changed to the Apple Hypervisor and wow, what a difference! Parallels is now usable again! Thank you.

6. JariH

JariH Bit poster

Same here. Windows 10 is practically unusable. Allowed only 1 CPU and now better but still slow. Please fix this already.

7. kevcollins

kevcollins Junior Member

Did you switch to the Apple hypervisor? In my case, that made a huge difference.

MehdiB2 likes this.
  8. MehdiB2

MehdiB2 Bit poster

Yep. Apple hypervisor runs like a charm with Windows all versions.