Built-in screen recording (xbox gaming center) not working

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by feinberj, Sep 23, 2022.

1. feinberj

feinberj Bit poster

I would like to be able to use the built-in Screen Recorder in Windows 10, part of the Xbox gaming center (I press Windows-G to launch). I'm running the latest version of Parallels (v18.0.2) and an updated version of Windows 10 on a 2010 Mac Pro with Big Sur and a Vega 64 video card.

When I press the record button I get a message "Sorry, this PC doesn't meet the hardware requirements for recording clips. For more info, go to Xbox Game Bar settings." (see image at the bottom of this post)

This Microsoft xbox support URL says the following:
    https://support.xbox.com/en-US/help...ialize/pc-hardware-requirements-for-capturing

To capture game clips, however, your PC's video card must support one of these encoders:

Intel Quick Sync H.264 or later
    NVIDIA NVENC
    AMD VCE

Does anyone have a suggestion for how I might update the settings for my Parallels virtual machine so that it will support the built-in screen recording function?

Thanks!

John Feinberg
    Montclair, NJ

[​IMG]

2. GarrettB5

GarrettB5 Junior Member

Similar situation here but Win11 ARM on M1 MBP. Just tell me what registry entry or whatever we need to change so this will work.

3. DmytroA

DmytroA Bit poster

Same to me. Win11 ARM, M1 MBP
    Does anyone has solutions?

4. MaryellenJ

MaryellenJ Bit poster

Windows 11 ARM on M1 Max
    Is this planned?