Which license to use?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Don Awalt, Jan 20, 2023.

1. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

HI all, I have 2 Macs with 2 Parallels Desktop licenses. I am preparing to phase out one of the Macs for a new one, so I have shut down my VM, quit Parallels, and signed out on that old Mac. So I know when I get the new Mac, I can just use the license code of the license that was on that computer, and be ready to go.

My questions is this - just out of curiosity, if I didn't know which of my 2 license keys to use from the 2 active ones reported on my.parallels.com, how would I figure it out short of looking at Mac(s) using a license and seeing which keys are taken? I seem to remember there used to be a way through the web site to see which licenses are "available" in my list of active licenses, but I can't find it - the used license and 'available' license look identical in their reporting on the parallels account page. Is there an easy way to see available licenses now? Thanks.

2. PouparlenV

PouparlenV Parallels Support

Hello Don Awalt,
    You can verify your license key by performing the below steps:
    1. Right Click on Parallels Desktop icon on the dock > Preferences.
    2. Select Account & License.
    You can find all the relevant information at My Account where all the data about your licenses is stored: https://my.parallels.com/ .

Last edited by a moderator: Jan 22, 2023
  3. Don Awalt

Don Awalt Hunter

Ah - found it. Thanks!