Frequently facing CPU panic

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by MatheusT, Oct 5, 2022.

1. MatheusT

MatheusT Bit poster

Hi.

After I installed Parallels Desktop I'm constantly facing CPU panic. Here it follows the error:

panic(cpu 1 caller 0xfffffe002df0108c): busy timeout[0], (60s): 'IOUserEthernetController', 'IOUserEthernetController' @IOService.cpp:5529
    Debugger message: panic
    Memory ID: 0x1
    OS release type: User
    OS version: 21G115
    Kernel version: Darwin Kernel Version 21.6.0: Mon Aug 22 20:19:52 PDT 2022; root:xnu-8020.140.49~2/RELEASE_ARM64_T6000
    Fileset Kernelcache UUID: 39A7E336B0FAA0022B3764E49DFF29D2
    Kernel UUID: 778CC57A-CF0B-3D35-8EE8-5035142D0177
    iBoot version: iBoot-7459.141.1

I realized it happens after I shut down the windows machine and put the macbook to sleep. I'm running macOS Monterey 12.6.

Has anyone faced it? Did anyone solve this?

2. CharlieH3

CharlieH3 Bit poster

I'm facing this regularly on my m1 with macos 12 inside macos 12.

3. MatheusT

MatheusT Bit poster

The issue seems to be solved after upgrading the OS to Ventura 13. @CharlieH3 if you do the same, let me know if it solves.

4. GregS34

GregS34 Bit poster

I am running Ventura 13.1 and continue to have panic cpu crashes every few days. I've sent my Mac back to Apple. They claim it has been repaired and passed all diagnostic tests. It still crashes. I've wiped the disk and reinstalled the OS after Apple did it and it still crashes. To clarify, after Apple "repaired" my Mac it still crashed, so I wiped and reinstalled the OS myself. This is very frustrating.

5. SamS4

SamS4 Hunter

The latest version of macOS Ventura is 13.2 so you should give that a try.

Also, if you are having Parallels issues, and if it applies to more than one Virtual Machine, then I suggest uninstalling Parallels (after copying your License Key of course) and then downloading a fresh version. I've found ApplCleaner at https://freemacsoft.net/appcleaner/ to be a good tool for fully removing apps. The recommended approach of just deleting the Parallels App doesn't always work completely.

6. GregS34

GregS34 Bit poster

Thanks. It turns out I incorrectly stated my MacOS version number. I am running 13.2 already. I appreciate the info about the app cleaner software. The hard part is determining what is causing the crashes. I don't know if it is Parallels or something else. But when it crashes it is always when I am running Parallels. I only have one virtual machine. My son has a similar M1 MacBook Pro and is not experiencing the crashes, but he doesn't run Parallels. He no longer uses Windows apps. I still rely on several Windows apps, especially for work.

7. MichaelS184

MichaelS184 Bit poster

Same issue I faced while opening my police accessories website

Last edited by a moderator: Feb 1, 2023