Problem installing windows on M1 Mac

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Mathiasa2, Jan 31, 2023.

1. Mathiasa2

Mathiasa2 Bit poster

Hi guys, I'm really hoping someone can help me out.
    I read some online guides (like this one https://kb.parallels.com/125375), so I got the windows insider preview from their site, "Windows11_InsiderPreview_Client_ARM64_en-us_25276.VHDX" and went ahead with the installer.

It doesn't work. Pretty soon it ends up in an endless loop saying "your device ran into a problem and needs to restart" image:

Screenshot 2023-01-31 at 15.25.01.png

I am not sure how to get this working, so I created an account here. I really need to get windows working...

Thankful for pointers, cheers.

2. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello Mathiasa2,

Please note that there is no need to download a windows 11 VHDX file from alternative sources.
    Parallels Desktop will handle the prerequisite windows iso download and installation for you.

Kindly follow the steps below to create a Windows 11 virtual machine on your M1 MacBook.
    1. Launch Parallels Desktop.
    2. Click on the Parallels icon in the Mac menu bar > Control Center > click on the + sign on the top right corner of Control Center
    3. Wait for the installation assistant window to come up and select "Get Windows 11 from Microsoft".
    4. On the "Download and Install Windows 11" page, click the "Install Windows" button.
    5. Windows will begin downloading, wait for it to finish.
    6. Parallels Desktop Installation assistant will begin installing windows, please wait for the process to complete.
    7. When the installation is complete, you will be presented with the Microsoft EULA. Click I accept to complete the process.