Failure to open Admin Console

Discussion in 'Parallels Remote Application Server' started by SamS22, Jan 23, 2023.

1. SamS22

SamS22 Member

Had been having trouble getting into the management console intermittently since upgrading to v19.0
    Today just updated to the latest 19.1.1 but still have the similar problems.

From Parallels RAS Core v19.1.1-23474 (9 December 2022) update: Fixed: RAS Management Console might fail to load with the error "Failed to receive reply from Connection Broker."

When trying to log in you get the Loading settings for a while and then it either just goes back to the login prompt or gets the "Failed to receive reply from Connection Broker"

I tried to delete the folder Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Parallels\2XManagementConsole from Registry which was succesful in getting me back into the admin console again!

FYI if useful.

upload_2023-1-24_11-54-45.png

upload_2023-1-24_12-18-32.png

2. SamS22

SamS22 Member

Same problem again the following day not able to get into the management console again so I deleted from regedit again:
    Computer\HKEY_CURRENT_USER\Software\Parallels\2XManagementConsole
    Re-enterred the server login details and I'm in again.

3. SamS22

SamS22 Member

I've got an idea what is happening here - the first time logging into a farm from the management console I suspect has either no timeout or a very generous timeout, but subsequent logins have shorter timeouts.

We have about 7,000 published items - so I suspect when doing the login and "loading settings" our 7,000 published items are not populated during the "loading settings" timeout period and hence we get the "failed to receive reply from connection broker"

Have a ticket in with support also to get further assistance on this one.

jpc likes this.
  4. PavelSeo

PavelSeo Bit poster

I've got an idea what is happening here - the first time logging into a farm from the management console I suspect has either no timeout or a very generous timeout, but subsequent logins have shorter timeouts.
    We have about 7,000 published items - so I suspect when doing the login and "loading settings" our 7,000 published items are not populated during the "loading settings" timeout period and hence we get the "failed to receive reply from connection broker"

Have a ticket in with support also to get further assistance on this one.

5. SamS22

SamS22 Member

Upgraded to build 23477 this morning - but issue still persisting.

upload_2023-2-6_8-46-15.png