Video Download and Google Drive

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by KevinD5, Feb 2, 2023.

1. KevinD5

KevinD5 Junior Member

I have a video shared with me via Google Drive but the Video Download tool downloads a zero-byte file. The link is public, so there's no authentication required for the tool to access it (I can access it in incognito mode in my browser).

How can I get this to work?

2. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings KevinD5,
    To proceed with investigation, kindly collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    While report is gathering, you can paste the link in the issue description so we could test it locally.
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

3. KevinD5

KevinD5 Junior Member

Thanks. Report ID is 417618639.

4. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings KevinD5
    Thank you for the information provided.
    We tested your link locally and indeed it appears that the issue requires an investigation on the code level. Hence, we escalated it directly to the Development Team.
    Once we have an update from them, we will let you know.
    Should you have any questions, do not hesitate and provide them either in a reply message or a new post on forum.
    Have a great week ahead!

5. AmanM4

AmanM4 Bit poster

A similar issue I have encountered. I have gone through this article https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107. is there any update regarding this? Presently using Windows until the issue gets resolved.

6. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello AmanM4,

Kindly collect a technical report (click on the Parallels Desktop icon in the Mac menu bar > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this e-mail.

7. KevinD5

KevinD5 Junior Member

Still not working on Mac. I tried it on PC and I ended up with an 8GB file (and still going) for a source file that is only 300MB long.

8. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings KevinD5,
    We forwarded your message to the Development Team for further investigation.
    Once we have an update from them, we will let you know.
    Stay tuned.
    Have a great week ahead!