One last question on upgrading

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by LBelg, Dec 7, 2007.

1. LBelg

LBelg Junior Member

Im using Parallels 3.0 (Build 5160) on Tiger (10.4.11) and when I run the programs check for updates, it tells me my version is current, even though Build 5582 was introduced a few days ago. Is the new build intended ONLY for Leopard users? If not, is there any real advantage to upgrading while still on Tiger?

2. alexg

alexg Parallels Developers

Hi,

Parallels 3.0 build 5582 available for both Leopard and Tiger. This version has bug fixes for both versions of Mac OS X. It is recommended for all users.

Alexander

Last edited by a moderator: Dec 10, 2007
  3. LBelg

LBelg Junior Member

Thanks for your response. Over the weekend I took the plunge and upgraded, first uninstalling my older version of Parallels and then reinstalling -- repairing permissions and restarting at various points. Everything went well. In fact, I got brave enough to compress my virtual disk when I was finished. Everything appears to be working just fine.

4. Annapolis sailor

Annapolis sailor Bit poster

Where on the web site can I find 5160 download

I want to do a clean install to the latest update, but no longer have the 5160 .dmg on my computer in order to properly uninstall the 5160 version first. Can you provide me a url for the 5160 download version on the Parallels website? Thanks!

5. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

Annapolis sailor, you can download .dmg file of build 5160 here. If you need a localized version of this build, please, feel free to ask.

Best regards,
    Alicia.