how to connect to a network during the installation?

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by needwindow, Feb 3, 2023.

1. needwindow

needwindow Bit poster

I installed the parallels 2 days ago on my macbook pro M1, yet am unable to use the windows properly due to no connection to a network - please check the attached snapshot where it's stuck. How should I proceed? Please help.

Attached Files:

2. FuS

FuS Bit poster

I have the same problem...

3. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello needwindow,

To avoid this issue, kindly use the Parallels Desktop automatic installer to set up your windows virtual machine.
    With this, Parallels Desktop will handle the prerequisite windows iso download and installation for you.

Kindly follow the steps below to create a Windows 11 virtual machine on your M1 MacBook.
    1. Launch Parallels Desktop.
    2. Click on the Parallels icon in the Mac menu bar > Control Center > click on the + sign on the top right corner of Control Center
    3. Wait for the installation assistant window to come up and select "Get Windows 11 from Microsoft".
    4. On the "Download and Install Windows 11" page, click the "Install Windows" button.
    5. Windows will begin downloading, wait for it to finish.
    6. Parallels Desktop Installation assistant will begin installing windows, please wait for the process to complete.
    7. When the installation is complete, you will be presented with the Microsoft EULA. Click I accept to complete the process

If the issue persists please follow the steps outlined below:
    1. Open Parallels Desktop Configuration: click the Parallels icon || > Preferences.
    2. Select Shortcuts > Keyboard Menu
    3. In the newly opened "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window, click on the plus sign
    4. Select the Shift button on your screen and choose "F10" in the dropdown option
    5. Click on OK and close the "Parallels Desktop Preferences" window.
    6. On the newly created Windows 11 virtual machine, click on the keyboard icon at the top menu of your virtual machine window.
    7. Click the newly added Shift+10 shortcut to open the windows command prompt window.
    8. When the command prompt window opens, type "taskmgr" and press the Enter key.
    9. In the newly opened task manager window, search for "Network Connection Flow" and click on End task to move to the next step of installation.

Mikhail Ushakov likes this.