Win 11 with Parallels 16 stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by PetrS6, Mar 23, 2023.

1. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

I have a Parallels 16 licence and used Win 11 (kindo of Arm beta testing program, as I was guided). It worked fine (I need Windows only occasionally, just for testing), but today, after an update, Windows didn't launch anymore, it crashes with "KMOD EXCEPTION NOT HANDLED" and nothing helps.

I tried to download new Win11/Arm installer and creat a new machine, but it produces the same error and won't launch. Actually, I've tried two installers, latest DEV and stable BETA, but the result is the same. And when I tried to return the old disk to VM, a new weird error appeared, something about TPM (see attached screenshot).

I don't understand what happens at all. However, I can see only these facts:
    • I bought a perpetual license of Parallles, and it stopped working
    • I can't install/run Windows in it, which is the only reason I bought it
    • Parallels suport doesn't work at all - email support is disabled, and Messenger/Twitter support I'm recommeded to use do not work, nobody replies there.
    What can I do to make the Windows work again? I need it for testing.

Attached Files:

2. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

OK, support @ Twitter eventually replied, to be fair. We'll see how it goes.

3. VojtechH

VojtechH Bit poster

hello, so what was the reply? I am having the same problem. Thank you.

4. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

Nothing yet. Their average response time is couple of hours, after one-day challenge we reached step #2: please provide us a tech report (no, we can't see attached screenshots). It seems to be pretty long. Stay tuned.

5. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

Frustrating experience so far. It's been a week and still no help, just dancing in small circles.

6. PietroC

PietroC Junior Member

Stesso problema io, anche io uso occasionalmente Windows. Mi chiedo a cosa è servito aver acquistato una licenza perpetua se poi non funziona più. Mi sembra una pratica commerciale scorretta. Poi è arroganza il volerti far comprare una nuova licenza. Delidente!

7. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

Now, they are saying they stopped supporting Parallels 16 with Mac OS 11 (Big Sur), later OSes are not supported. However, BigSur was the first MacOS for M1 macs, but I'm affraid there is no Windows to be used with P16 + BigSur + M1. The show's going on, the clowns are juggling like mad. I'm going to start hating all this Paralllels circus. :(

8. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Thank you for your feedback.

We will get back to you in a ticket as soon as possible.

9. PetrS6

PetrS6 Bit poster

OK. Eventually, we have agreed Parallels v16 won't work in my case and they can't fix it. I've got a temporary licence for v18, which works fine. When it expires, I'll have to buy a new one. To me, it's fair enough compromise, I'm kind of OK with it. However, it could have been much faster than almost three weeks. The useless ping-pong with the support was pretty painfull, contacting the support was realy bad user experience.