Download video stopped working

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by KreelaM, Feb 17, 2023.

1. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings LeonW3,
    To proceed with an investigation, kindly collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    While the report is gathering, you can paste the link in the issue description so we can test it locally.
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    Looking forward to hearing from you.

2. LeonW3

LeonW3 Bit poster

Followed the advice given via FaceBook Messenger to delete and reinstall the app. Seems to have fixed the problem. Thanks.

3. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

Are you operating on an old MacOS? Myself and another user have the High Sierra 10.13.6 (that is the highest this old mac can install)

4. LeonW3

LeonW3 Bit poster

On a 2017 Mac using the latest OS.

5. RobertH69

RobertH69 Bit poster

Thanks for the info - For others who find this thread, if you have a new system, the following the downloading of the newest software should work for you. If you have an older system, like Lisa W and I have, then we need to see what Parallels Support comes up with for fixing this. The "record area" tool is still functional, you would need to surround the youtube video (or whatever your recording) and launch it, then press the play button. This will capture the video. Obviously not as convenient or as clean as dragging the URL to the download video tool - but at least there is an option while we wait to see if Parallels Support provides an update for us unfortunate souls with an older system.

6. evamedia

evamedia Bit poster

Running version 6.0.2 works fine on my intel MBP, will not download the same YouTube link on my M2 MBP, just see the arrow constantly moving down, says processing web link, does nothing

7. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings evamedia,
    Kindly try reproduce the issue and collect a technical report as per this article: https://kb.parallels.com/en/124107
    In the description of the issue, provide a link to the video so we could reproduce it locally (if it's possible)
    Then copy 9-digit ID of the report and provide it in a reply message.
    Looking forward to hearing from you soon.

8. dansun

dansun Bit poster

Same issue started again with ver 6.5. for the last week

9. kenm10

kenm10 Bit poster

Same here 1 if it does download it never converts 2 it doesnt download

10. DrewL

DrewL Bit poster

Yep. Mine is not working either.

11. jefft12

jefft12 Bit poster

Report-ID 433448932

12. Palola

Palola Bit poster

Same issue for me with YouTube video downloads being refused. Have the latest Parallels 6.5.0 version running on an M1 Mac running OS Ventura 13.4.1
    I get the pop up window informing that the download failed. Screenshot attached.

Attached Files:

13. Adeboye Adeotan

Adeboye Adeotan Staff Member

Hello,
    We're aware of this issue and are currently working on correcting it as soon as possible. There will be no action required from your end, the video download will resume working as intended in the nearest future.

dansun likes this.
  14. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Greetings everyone,
    Please be informed that this issue has now been fixed and you may now Download YouTube files again.

15. dansun

dansun Bit poster

16. NiallL

NiallL Bit poster

Great - thank you.

17. JoeK9

JoeK9 Bit poster

Hi, I'm still unable to download any youtube videos anymore. Using 2021 Mac Mini M1. Can you pleas e recommend any solutions.

Attached Files:

DDataBorg likes this.
  18. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello JoeK9,
    Please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels Toolbox icon > Gear icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Additionally, please provide us with a link to the video you attempted to download.

19. DDataBorg

DDataBorg Bit poster

I also receive the same error msg. I am on a M2 Ultra 2023 128GB Ram

20. Adeboye Adeotan

Hello DDataBorg,
    Please collect a technical report while the issue is being reproduced (click the Parallels Toolbox icon > Gear icon > Help > Send technical data > check "Attach screenshots..." > press Send Report) and send the report's 9-digit ID in reply to this post.

Additionally, please provide us with a link to the video you attempted to download.