openGL weirdness with 3D CAD program

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by classen, Dec 7, 2007.

1. classen

classen Bit poster

I've recently upgraded to the 5582 release
    I'm using CoCreate OneSpace Designer v 14.00
    There are several weird graphical anomalies

1. When I press the right mouse button to get a contextual menu the menu briefly flashes on the screen and then disappears. If I then move the cursor around the menu will reappear. Kind of like scratching a lotto ticket.

2. When selecting an edge, face or vertex there is no visible feedback that the particular 3D element has actually been selected. The visual feedback that I am expecting is a change in the color to the highlight color (yellow in my setup). However, if I move or rotate the 3D model then the video is updated and I can see which element I've selected.

They seem to be related? i.e. some sort of failure to refresh the graphics properly.
    Bug #1 is new to 5582.
    Bug #2 was also present in 5160.

Help please.

Thanks,
    Scott

2. tmaggert

tmaggert Bit poster

I am having these same exact problems but in a different CAD program, Tekla Structures. I only have this issue if I am using a "rendered" view. If I am in a wire frame view i have no issues. I believe that Tekla is using Open GL for their "rendered" views.

Same "Bug #1 is new to 5582. Bug #2 was also present in 5160." for me as well.

Running on a MBP 2.16ghz with 2gb RAM and XP Pro sp2

Last edited: Dec 9, 2007
  3. MichaelPrichard

MichaelPrichard Junior Member

Same problem with Unigraphics NX5, another OpenGL based CAD app. Dialog boxes show up briefly and then either partially disappear or completely disappear. Waving the mouse over the dialog can "repaint" some of it if it has animated/dynamically highlighting buttons, but only minimizing the whole CAD window and then maximizing will reveal everything properly again. Dragging any dialog around the display causes lots of flashing partial updates around the borders of the dialog, and generally results in an unreadable dialog. This is on a MBP 2.4GHz with NVidia GeForce 8600M GT.

4. classen

classen Bit poster

I guess listing my hardware might help the developers:
    MacPro
    2 x 2.66 GHz Dual-Core Intel Xeon
    4GB RAM (2GB for parallels)
    ATI Radeon X1900

5. tmaggert

tmaggert Bit poster

Here's my Graphics Hardware Profile:

ATI Radeon X1600:

Chipset Model: ATY,RadeonX1600
    Type: Display
    Bus: PCIe
    PCIe Lane Width: x16
    VRAM (Total): 256 MB
    Vendor: ATI (0x1002)
    Device ID: 0x71c5
    Revision ID: 0x0000
    EFI Driver Version: 01.00.068
    Displays:
    Color LCD:
    Display Type: LCD
    Resolution: 1440 x 900
    Depth: 32-bit Color
    Built-In: Yes
    Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    X241W:
    Resolution: 1920 x 1200 @ 60 Hz
    Depth: 32-bit Color
    Core Image: Hardware Accelerated
    Main Display: Yes
    Mirror: Off
    Online: Yes
    Quartz Extreme: Supported
    Rotation: Supported

6. MichaelPrichard

MichaelPrichard Junior Member

Any word when this might get fixed? It doesn't seem to have been addressed in 5584, so I'm crossing my fingers for the next update. It's usable, but quite ugly and often a pain to have to constantly minimize/maximize the window to force a redraw of the dialog box.

7. tmaggert

tmaggert Bit poster

bump to the top to get an answer

8. classen

classen Bit poster

I've updated my CoCreate OSD to version 15.50 and my Parallels to ver. 3 build 5584.

Most of the graphical bugs have been fixed. Only a few of the warning boxes and some of the sub-dialog boxes (... dialog boxes called from dialog boxes) display the lotto ticket syndrome and need to be scratched to become visible.

Issue #2 has also been fully fixed!!!! yeah! This was the problem that when selecting an edge, face or vertex there is no visible feedback that the particular 3D element has actually been selected. It is all working as expected now.