Lack of awareness for new Mac owners

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by Brian67, Dec 13, 2007.

1. Brian67

Brian67 Bit poster

It is frustrating that there is no forum/help for new Mac owners using Parallels.
    e.g I ended up with two versions of parallels installed? The .dmg upgrade for leopard and the old one... why does this happen. If I delete the old Parallels what happens to my settings, activiation, etc. The installation instructions presume people know what to do.

Frustrated.
    Brian67

2. Brian67

Brian67 Bit poster

Request for information. Any help would be much appreciated.

Any help on where to look for detailed software installation, especially upgrades explanation, cfor new mac owner would be much appreciated. I switched from Windows after 15 years and need to still run XP software. I have spend much time in searching FAQ on Parallels support site and in the forum. Do upgrades need to uninstall original software first?

thanks again
    Brian

OS X 10.5 20" IMac.

3. whytyger

whytyger Member

Private message sent.

4. Xenos

Xenos Parallels Team

Hello,

Brian67, uninstalling previous Parallels build is advisable before installing the new one. You can do this with .dmg file (Finder -> Desktop). Nothing is going to happen to your settings, activiation, etc.

You can use Parallels Knowledge Base to find answers on some common questions and you should use the Forum when dealing with non-standard issues. However you should not expect Parallels Team to answer every question as it is impossible to keep an eye on every post. There are other skilled Parallels users to help you as well. And we are monitoring the Forum diligently to keep up to users' requests and wishes.

Thank you for your report. I will tell our Documentation Team that instructions improvement is needed.

Best regards,
    Xenos