SMTP stopped working in 5582

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by mmurry, Dec 5, 2007.

1. mmurry

mmurry Bit poster

Hi all,

I just upgraded from build 5160 to 5582 and I can no longer send email in Thunderbird (Windows XP). I'm using Windows for work related activities, but using the SMTP server for my personal account to send email. This worked fine in 5160, but in 5582 it keeps telling me it can't connect to the server. If I send an email from my work account to my personal account, it goes through, but sending from the work account to co-workers does not. I downgraded to 5160 and everything works again.

Does anyone have any suggestions? Thanks.

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
    Mac OS X 10.5.1
    2 GB Ram

2. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

Hi

I have the same problem, I hope the Team can help us asap.

All begin when I upgrade to 5582 from 5160

MacBook Pro Core 2 Duo
    Mac OS X 10.5.1
    4 GB Ram

Thanks

Elias

3. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

could you please tell me what connection type do you have?

Best regards,
    Alicia.

4. mmurry

mmurry Bit poster

Alicia,

I'm using shared networking. I tried bridged networking, but I get no internet connection for anything when I use that.

5. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

Alicia,

I'm using shared networking Also

Thanks

Elias

6. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

please, go to Parallels Desktop->Preferences->Network tab. In the Port Forwarding section press "+" button and add the port you need. It should solve the issue.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

7. ehanan

ehanan Bit poster

Thanks Alicia,

it ask for an incoming port so I put 25, but then ask for a ip and another port, what i need to put there?

Thanks

Elias

8. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

please, for more information about port forwarding, please, check User Guide, page 221.

Best regards,
    Alicia.

9. Mike Mead

Mike Mead Bit poster

I have the exact same issue as outlined in this thread. I too am using 5582. I've tried the suggestions outlined above, including setting up port forwarding for 25. This still hasn't worked for me. I read the page in the user manual on port forwarding, but have not been successful.

Did anyone on this thread get the problem resolved? Other suggestions? I'm struggling. Thanks for your help.

Mike

10. K4LK

K4LK Bit poster

I'm having the same trouble. Windows could access the internet before the 5584 update.

11. Alicia

Alicia Parallels Team

Hello,

if you are experiencing issues with a mail server, please, provide us with the following information:
    outputs of ping and tracert commands.
    From the Windows start menu, choose Run and type "cmd". Press "Enter" and type "ping <server IP>".Then save the output by making a screenshot or copy/paste it into the reply. Repeat the procedure for the tracert command.
    Also, you should contact your local administrators and recheck your SMTP settings.

Best regards,
    Alicia.