Powerpoint in Windows and Apple keyboard issues

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JohnH49, Jan 29, 2020.

1. JohnH49

JohnH49 Bit poster

I have had Mac Parallels for less than a week and come across a couple of issues that I hope someone can suggest a solution for please:
    1. Using Powerpoint in Windows, with my new Apple keyboard, when I try to constrain movement of objects by holding shift (they should then move either horizontally or vertically only) nothing happens and they move all over the place.
    2. Using Powerpoint in Windows, when I hold control + shift to duplicate objects, a sub-menu appears asking if I want to 'Copy here', 'Move here' or 'Cancel'. This is an annoying addition because I have to select one of these options, whereas before it would just duplicate the object.
    If I plug in my old Windows keyboard these issues do not occur, but this keyboard doesn't work for Mac. My clients insist on all PPT work being completed on a Windows due to previous Mac/PC issues.
    MacBook Pro (16-inch, 2019) • Catalina 10.15.2 • 2.3 GHz 8-Core Intel Core i9

2. PaulO10

PaulO10 Bit poster

As a new user of Parallels I had the same problem; I hope you have resolved this already. For other users who discover this problem:

Solution: open <Configure>, <Hardware>, <Keyboard & Mouse>, the on the <Keyboard> option select "Optimize for games". Reboot Windows and the constraint works perfectly.