Window Manager - How to deactivate

Discussion in 'Parallels Toolbox for Mac' started by TD2, May 23, 2023.

1. TD2

TD2 Bit poster

I have a window manager already and keep getting a "Window Manager Conflict" splash screen every time I start my machine. There is no obvious way to turn off/disable this feature in Toolbox. Most to all other "apps" within the Toolbox have a preferences selection, but this one does not. Please advise how to turn it off.

2. Aydaskhan Asochakov

Aydaskhan Asochakov Staff Member

Greetings TD2,
    Thank you for posting on Parallels Forum.
    Kindly reproduce the issue once again and collect a technical report right after the issue is reproduced as described in KB https://kb.parallels.com/124107 .
    Please provide us with your report ID number. Do not forget to attach screenshots.
    Thank you in advance!

3. TD2

TD2 Bit poster

Thanks. I sent the technical report in, but it really is just there's no off button for the Window Manager in the Toolbox. There are a few "apps" in there that are the same, but most have a settings menu option when you hover over their icons... This one does not.

4. BrianB26

BrianB26 Bit poster

• Show the Window Manager in the menu bar (right-click in Parallels Dashboard and choose the option.
    • Click on the menu and turn off "open when the Mac starts"
    • Click on the menu and choose Quit.

5. TD2

TD2 Bit poster

That worked... Thank you. I had to disable my other window manager before I could perform the action, but it gave me the option to uncheck the "open when the Mac starts". The true test will be when I restart, but that won't be until this evening. Thanks again for being helpful when "support" was not (still have no response from them).