Screen Stuck on Scanning and Repairing drive C

Discussion in 'General Questions' started by JenniferD5, Mar 15, 2023.

1. JenniferD5

JenniferD5 Bit poster

I'm using parallels 16. My screen is stuck on "Scanning and Repairing drive C". That happened when I started Parallels today. I selected 'Actions' then 'screenshot' and 'cancel' but that didn't help. What should I do? Thanks for your help.

2. JenniferD5

JenniferD5 Bit poster

I fixed my problem using Actions, Screenshot -OK then Reset. I didn't realize initially that after clicking "OK" you should return to the previous menu and click "Stop".

3. Garaged1

Garaged1 Bit poster

If your screen is stuck on "Scanning and Repairing drive C," it indicates that your computer is undergoing a disk check to identify and fix any errors on your C drive. This process is a built-in Windows feature that ensures the integrity of your hard drive and file system. However, sometimes it can get stuck, causing frustration. To resolve this issue, you can try the following steps:

1. Patience: Depending on the size of your drive and the number of errors found, the scanning and repairing process can take a significant amount of time. It's Best essential to be patient and allow the process to complete. In some cases, it can take hours to finish, so give it ample time before attempting further steps.

2. Power cycle: If the scanning and repairing process seems to be stuck indefinitely, you can try performing a power cycle. Simply turn off your computer completely, wait for a few seconds, and then turn it back on. This can help break the cycle and allow your computer to boot normally.