Expand hot key support

Discussion in 'Feature Suggestions' started by kaufman, May 18, 2006.

1. kaufman

kaufman Member

If you look through the forums you will see a lot of people are concerned with the key handling in the RC.

I have a suggestion that would solve most of the problems. Under preferences-hot keys, I think you should add three sections:

1) (Checkbox) Ignore or trap [Command]-[Tab]
    2) (Set of controls like Fullscreen toggle) Keystroke to use with left click to turn it into a right click.
    3) (List box) List of key combinations to pass on to OS X.

I think that this would solve everyone's problems and is a needed enhancement.

I have submitted a number of comments and suggestions to the Parallels team and have never gotten any feedback. Could one of you please acknowledge seeing this one so I have an idea that I am not writing into the ether.

Michael

2. hairyneanderthal

hairyneanderthal Member

I second this.
    The hot key switch between VirtueDesktop and Parallels in full screen was one of the coolest things about using these pieces of software together in R6. That this is crippled in RC is a massive disappointment. :confused:
    Where can I reload Beta R6?

Last edited: May 18, 2006
  3. luz

luz Member

I second this, but I would add:

4) (No GUI needed) distinguish Left and Right modifier (Shift/Ctrl/Alt/Command) when passing them to VM (now both Left and Right in Mac map always to Left in VM)

5) (Checkbox matrix) Allow remapping any of the modifiers in Mac to any (combination of) modifiers in the VM as a per-VM setting.

4. Andrew @ Parallels

Andrew @ Parallels Parallels Team

kaufman,

Thanks for suggesting. We are working both on more flexible keyboard mapping and fullscreen options.

5. tomhalv

tomhalv Member

Andrew, that is great...... You guys are being very responsive to user input! Keep up the great work!