Parallels 18.3.0 (53606) - Graphics artefacts on Win11 Coherence

Discussion in 'Parallels Desktop on a Mac with Apple silicon' started by JohnSyr, May 31, 2023.

1. JohnSyr

JohnSyr Bit poster

Hi all,
    Well, that changelog for 18.3.0 made me happy as it listed a fix for the 'Grey box' that was appearing around windows in Coherence.
    Guess what, it doesn't! In fact it has broken Coherence again.

So apart from still getting a grey box underneath and around any popups (e.g. Clicking on Start, Search or the date on the taskbar), or notifications popping up from the taskbar, now windows opening (for example messages from Outlook) appear normally above the Outlook main window, but part of them is then drawn BEHIND any other Windows or Mac apps that are open next to them. So part of the window is visible and part sits behind other open apps. When you move and start dragging the window, it appears as whole again, but obviously this is not a proper solution.

Running Ventura 13.4 on M1.

2. CorinG

CorinG Bit poster

I had to downgrade from this release due to coherence being broken, hoping is resolved soon as earlier release has issues I'm hoping (beyond grey box) will be resolved, particularly those needing me to restart to resolve.

3. Pavel Merkulov

Pavel Merkulov Parallels Team

Hello,

Today we released Parallels Desktop 18.3.1 update in which this issue has been fixed.

Please update Parallels Desktop to the latest version and let us know if you encounter the issue.