default display

Discussion in 'Installation and Configuration of Parallels Desktop' started by directore, Dec 20, 2007.

1. directore

directore Junior Member

iMac Intel 20", 2GB, Bootcamp partition, two monitors that work perfectly OK under OS X. Gazilions of problems though with multiple monitors under BootCamp, Parallels and XP. Three unrelated questions:

a) will multiple monitor configuration ever approach the level of implementation seen under OS X or should a reasonable person simply give up and buy a separate windows machine?

b) OS X setting is - main display on the secondary monitor. Parallels in full screen mode uses the iMac screen though and there seem no way to force it to use the secondary. Correct? If not, how?

c) does anyone know what happened to ATI drivers that Apple used to provide with Bootcamp that had some rudimentary multiple display capability?

3.0 Beta 5570

2. Thomasj

Thomasj Member

Hello,

I don't really know if by 2 monitors you mean the Imac + 1 or the Imac + 2...

But anyway, I have a macbook with extra monitor here and there is no problem with parallels on any of the 2 screens. If you wanna move it simply go to Parallels Go to the menu bar go to View --> Single window, now it will wrap all its open windows into one window which you can then drag onto your prefered screen (or window within a space if needed) there you can go full screen again (default = ALT + Enter).

Afraid I can't help you on the ATI driver though...

Cheerz,

Thomas

3. directore

directore Junior Member

+1, don't think you can do +2 on iMac.

I solved the problem but I'm not happy, monitor support under windows especially with emulation stinks.

Here is a solution to the original problem or rather what I did.

Activated "change Mac resolution" and "multiple displays" in Coherence. Switch to Coherence. Switch back to full screen. Perfect - Windows are now on Mac main display (which is my secondary monitor) except that resolution is something weird now. Change the resolution to what it was under Mac, disable "change Mac resolution" and things are where I wanted them to be. Windows stinks!