Getting Windows to work with Verizon Broadband Card

Discussion in 'Windows Virtual Machine' started by ezmogee, Dec 21, 2007.

1. ezmogee

ezmogee Bit poster

I'm not sure if anyone has had this problem before.

I recently bought a Verizon Wireless Broadband access card. I can get it working in Mac OS just fine but for some reason the internet connection doesn't carry over to my Parallels XP VM. I read through some of the posts on here and tried to manipulate my settings a bit.

My current settings in the network adapter are enabled --> connect cable at startup --> bridged ethernet --> default adapter.

But that doesn't work...there's a difference, admittedly. Internet Explorer tries to find the "proxy settings" instead of just going dead, so I feel like I'm close to a solution.

I also thought about just trying to install the Verizon software in Windows. I initially had a lot of problems getting Parallels to accept the Verizon card seeing as how I placed it in the PCI-Express slot and I got all sorts of USB errors. But going on some advice I saw in a thread here, I changed my settings so that USB was utilized by the VM instead of the Mac OS which relieved the errors. That said, I still can't get it working exactly. It now recognizes the Verizon Card is in XP without huge error bubbles popping up telling me that the USB is being used by another application, but I can't actually get the card to activate and work in Windows.

Does anyone have any experience with this? Can anyone help out?

Thanks,
    Ezra

2. Eru Ithildur

Eru Ithildur Forum Maven

Shared Networking?

3. Lew

Lew Member

Don't know whether this will work for you, but it's worth a try. In order to get my Apple USB modem to work, I needed to setup a second network adapter.

Try adding Network Adapter 2 with the following parameters:

Enabled: Checked
    Connect cable at startup: Checked
    Shared networking: Selected

Good luck!

Lew